Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is the jk smart enough to maximize mpg

Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tburk49760
well that makes absolutely no sense what so ever... damage it??? perhaps I am too dumb... I was hoping someone had actually tried premium and documented the mpg differences if any... I will try to do it myself. wouldn't take much of an increase in mpg to offset the additional cost. regular is 2.14 and premium is 2.35 at the moment so a 10% increase in mpg would make it even and any more would be a beautiful thing... any hp increase would be a major blessing... wish me luck...
Higher octane is only better if the engine is designed for it. Higher octane does not mean BETTER. It means it burns SLOWER. That's great if your computer is set to fire the spark based on that. If not you are absolutely wasting money.

Despite the fact that there may be better detergents, cleaners, marketing, etc in higher octane fuels, if the book doesn't say use it, don't.

Quick Reply: Is the jk smart enough to maximize mpg