Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: JK Rubicon is the most capable mass produced stock 4x4 every built.
True
87.50%
False
12.50%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

The JK Rubicon is...

Old 09-03-2008, 02:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
03-06 way more capable
You're kiddin', right? Are the axles in the '07-'09's upgraded in relation to the '03-'06? Not sure, but isn't the tcase (as least the Rubi) upgraded as well? I think they're wider, too, wouldn't that increase the capability as long as it didn't render it too wide for the trail?
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

hmmm, i voted no because of the H1.

but also, further more to this, i have seen some SWB LandRover Defenders in very difficult situations and seen them power through them! plus technically Bowler's would come into this

i think the topic is too broad tbh, and could be narrowed on cost / age / wheelbase / production numbers / etc...
Old 09-03-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Land Rover Defender ok maybe not more capable but definitely in the same league.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeeperjkj
I think that's subjective. There are probably some places where the H1 is more capable, but I think that the Rubi would hold it's own in most places and even go some places that the H1 won't. Throw price into the equation (I know it wasn't mentioned in the OP) and the results are even more skewed toward the JK.
YES FOR SURE

H1 H2 AND H3 I FIND ARE MORE CAPABLE THAN MY RUBI WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING GROCERIES
Old 09-03-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Do yall really think the H1 is less capable than a rubi?
x2 the h1 has been in production since 1984 and more cabable out the box. stock 36 inch tires ultra low gearing and high ground clearence, with a stock fording capability of recommened 36 inches.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having driven H1's and Jeeps extensively, they would rate about even. The H1 is way too wide and long to be very capable in a woodland environment. I have bashed the fenders and doors of many a HMMWV. The JK Rubicon is more well rounded, highly capable off road on most terrain and definately more comfortable on the highway. Being in a military convoy many, many times I have come to appreciate how quiet the JK is.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
Having driven H1's and Jeeps extensively, they would rate about even. The H1 is way too wide and long to be very capable in a woodland environment. I have bashed the fenders and doors of many a HMMWV. The JK Rubicon is more well rounded, highly capable off road on most terrain and definately more comfortable on the highway. Being in a military convoy many, many times I have come to appreciate how quiet the JK is.
Now THAT I'll go along with. When most people argue difference, the H1's width usually gets forgotten about. That makes a tremedous difference.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After watching the Unimog video, RubyDoo could due there test drive course EXCEPT for the deep water crossing.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
Great point , everyone knows these are better than Rubis and HMMWVs though

http://mactownminitrucks.homestead.c...iniTrucks.html

Last edited by SASQUATCH; 09-03-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

I think it depends on what "mass produced" means... if you count the H1 in this category, then it becomes completely subjective, as there are plusses and minuses for each.

All of the above notwithstanding, it would be completely accurate to say that the Rubicon is the MOST mass-produced, capable 4x4 in the world.

Quick Reply: The JK Rubicon is...