Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rubi vs D90

Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rubi vs D90

With the new JK rubi 2drs and the more room that they have, do you think they have more room the a defender 90? I guess this a stupid question, but who has the better off road capabilities? The reason I asked I use to be a big D90 fan now with owning my seconded rubicon I will never look back. Input appreciated
Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

My pops has a D90. It is WAYYYY bigger than a 2-dr JK, which is what I have. It's a beast. Next time I get home, I will take a pic of them side by side so you can see the sheer difference.

I have a brochure for the D90 in my apt and could check the specs, but I believe that MOST of them were slightly better than a JK Rubi. I really wish that Land Rover would have come out with a new D90 for North America at the time of the JK. I might have gotten that instead.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To bad Land Rovers are as dependable at toilet paper windows in a tornado
Old 03-07-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chrisbuilt
To bad Land Rovers are as dependable at toilet paper windows in a tornado
Oh yeah and the new JK is sooooo depedable.

How you ever owed a D-90? Most people who bitch about Land Rovers have never owned one and they are not that bad. The 3 years I owned my D it spent a total of 3 days in the shop and it was for minor things. The best things about D-90 is that for the most part they are selling for more than they sold for new in 94, 95 and 97.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

My brother owned a '97 Discovery XD. Totally awsome and quite reliable. I know it's not a defender, but it was just as old as one.

...and no that is not me ot my brother.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

whats the price difference?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Aren't D90's quite expensive? They are really quite impressive but I thought I had heard they cost a LOT more than a Rubi?

Bryan
Old 03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
whats the price difference?
Originally Posted by duneslider
Aren't D90's quite expensive? They are really quite impressive but I thought I had heard they cost a LOT more than a Rubi?

Bryan
New JK rubi, around $30,000
Defender anywhere from $30-60,000

It all depends on whether you want a 4dr or 2dr defender Just take a look at ebay.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Geesh. I certainly didn't mean to start anything. I believe my pops purchased his '94 D90 in 1997 for about $23K. They certainly hold their value well, as I am sure he could get this or more for it now. In fact, he might be willing to sell it.

One thing to note. He gets about 13 mpg and it takes Premium. And the tank is small. Certainly not cheap to drive or maintain for that matter. You guys would not want to see a repair bill from a LR dealer.

But damn is she sweet lookin and very capable.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dizzle_65
Geesh. I certainly didn't mean to start anything. I believe my pops purchased his '94 D90 in 1997 for about $23K. They certainly hold their value well, as I am sure he could get this or more for it now. In fact, he might be willing to sell it.

One thing to note. He gets about 13 mpg and it takes Premium. And the tank is small. Certainly not cheap to drive or maintain for that matter. You guys would not want to see a repair bill from a LR dealer.

But damn is she sweet lookin and very capable.
Ahh but the nice thing about them is that they are so easy to work on and repair. No darn computers to mess things up and if your mechanically inclined you can do just about anything on them for allot less than having LR do it.

Quick Reply: JK Rubi vs D90