Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rear Cargo / Heated Seat Survey

Old 10-11-2008, 02:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently did the survey and although I have never folded down the JK windshield, and probably never will, I did state it as an essential design aspect. I also pushed for the interior being weather resistent, even though I don't leave mine outside uncovered. The rear power outlets would be nice. Heated seats- meh.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

can anyone take this survey? is there a link?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by voodoojk
can anyone take this survey? is there a link?
x2

anyone??
Old 10-11-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

The problem with their survey is they didn’t allow for our comments. This forum should conduct an honest survey of what really is of the utmost importance to the owners on this forum and send it to Chrysler with all of our signatures. After all the squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

Last edited by CAOKKIE; 10-11-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CJJK-1775

On the plus side, think how much you Wrangler would go up in value if they made the new ones two wheel drive, hybrid, non-folding windshield and non-removable top and doors. Suddenly a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK would be on the cover and pages of the Dupont registry A "Classic"
That would be nice, but not quite a retirement plan!

I'd like to take the survey as well. We have to keep the integrity and fine qualities of the Wrangler!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I had got the survey, I bought a base model X so that it would be a basic Jeep, no crappy electrics. Tried putting the windshield down, what a joke they have already ruined the jeep. Will probably sell the JK and invest in a Defender. jeep needs to get back to basics. If you want comforts buy a Liberty but leave the wrangler alone!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mariner
Wish I had got the survey, I bought a base model X so that it would be a basic Jeep, no crappy electrics. Tried putting the windshield down, what a joke they have already ruined the jeep. Will probably sell the JK and invest in a Defender. jeep needs to get back to basics. If you want comforts buy a Liberty but leave the wrangler alone!
Wonder if this type of thing was said when they torched the rough riding round eye CJ and made the cushy square-eyed Wranglers?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the insides on the 4x4 models need to be more rugged, scratch / tear resistant and removeable; same goes for the windshield, top, etc, period. "Trail Rated."

I think that if they want to make these new"improvements", i.e. heated seats, cargo space, etc, then Jeep should offer them on the 2x4 models and give them a side badge "Street rated."

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:10 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mariner

Most of the electronic features are government mandated, if the Wrangler is to continue then it has to have them. At least it is still a solid front axle vehicle, and FWIW the drivetrain is stronger than any previous Wrangler. As for creature comforts, again to keep sales viable it is a necessity, you can still get a base X, and even delete the A/C if you want, by modern standards that is pretty basic. I don't know why the windshield is such a project to put down, probably has to do with safety standards for the cabin.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Most of the electronic features are government mandated, if the Wrangler is to continue then it has to have them. At least it is still a solid front axle vehicle, and FWIW the drivetrain is stronger than any previous Wrangler. As for creature comforts, again to keep sales viable it is a necessity, you can still get a base X, and even delete the A/C if you want, by modern standards that is pretty basic. I don't know why the windshield is such a project to put down, probably has to do with safety standards for the cabin.
Please provide proof about the government requirements regarding electronics. It seems there are many many SUVs that don't have the stupid ESP, etc. that the Wrangler has. I am not saying it's not true it just seems strange that others don't have it. Perhaps it has to do with weight classifications.

The drivetrain is questionably stronger. It had to be since the JK is sooo wide and heavy. It's not like they kept the same dimensions and beefed it up. I've seen just as many problems with U joints, front axles breaking etc, at Tellico.

I disagree regarding the creature comforts. I would have bought a rugged edition that had all that stuff removed. I know many others would as well. It should be optional and not forced.

Quick Reply: JK Rear Cargo / Heated Seat Survey