Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rear Cargo / Heated Seat Survey

Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK Rear Cargo / Heated Seat Survey

Chrysler LLC sent me an email with a link to this survey.
There's a metric butt ton of questions about how important cargo space/ electrical outlets/ leather and heated seats etc are to you on future purchases.

Sounds like they're contemplating optional refinements.

Anyone else take this?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I found page 8 to be particularly disturbing:

How important is it for you to have a Folding Windshield on a Wrangler?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Well, the fold down windshield is a PITA! Either make it easier or get rid of it I'd say. Sacrilegious, but true.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Fold Down Windshield is jeep wrangler.....
Old 10-07-2008, 06:48 AM
JK Super Freak

It almost seems like they are considering adding more refinements (leather, heated seats), rather than making it more useful and toughening up the interior. "How important is it that your jeep interior can handle being exposed to the elements?" I thought that was the whole point of the jeep?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by OffTopic
It almost seems like they are considering adding more refinements (leather, heated seats), rather than making it more useful and toughening up the interior. "How important is it that your jeep interior can handle being exposed to the elements?" I thought that was the whole point of the jeep?

Indeed. It isn't hard to see where they are going with this: Adding heated seats, power seats and leather, getting rid of the folding windshield and removable doors.

It doesn't help matters that most of the people getting this survey do not wheel their Jeeps, and think of it as just another SUV which needs a few more creature comforts. God bless the soccer moms and street queens.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dunno, I'd be more inclined to ride around during the winter with the top off if I could at least keep my butt warm

The folder windshield part, though, makes me want to vomit. It'd be a sad, sad day to see it go... hopefully enough of the right people get that survey.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

I just completed that survey yesterday. I put that it was very important to have a folding windsheild even though I have never folded mine. The heated seats and 115 power outlets would be nice to have. I also said that the interior needs to be able to handle getting wet and the eletronics should work when wet also. I do not want to see them get away from the things that make it a Jeep but some creature comforts for the wife would be nice. Too bad they did not ask about the power of the engine.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just completed the survey also. I am deeply disturbed as many others seem to be with some of the questions. Sure I would love heated seats on those cool mornings when you know it's going to be hot out later and don't want to put the top up for your short AM ride. Any power outlet in the rear would be a nice feature. How important to me is the durability and ability of the interior to resist abrasions? (apparently more importaant than it was to the original engineers). but at the expense of what makes a Wrangler a Wrangler? What do you get if you take away a Wranglers ability to put down the windshield, take off the doors, take off the top and expose the interior to the elements? A Liberty!

On the plus side, think how much you Wrangler would go up in value if they made the new ones two wheel drive, hybrid, non-folding windshield and non-removable top and doors. Suddenly a CJ, YJ, TJ, JK would be on the cover and pages of the Dupont registry A "Classic"
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

I have the AEV leather heated seats. They are not plush or soft/squishy, they are thick and rugged, and can stand a beating and are easy as hell to clean. The heaters are great for those chilly summer mornings without a top on: seat and heater on high. If that makes me a soccer mom, then I'm the f*kkin manliest soccer mom out there.

Quick Reply: JK Rear Cargo / Heated Seat Survey