Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rage?!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leafs springs are such a loss.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
I have a 4 door Rubicon as well. They must think they're better than us because "real Jeeps are built not bought" and at the thought of a 4 door Jeep.

I did keep it real with a 6 speed though.
Yea I maintained the 6-speed also. Its been awhile since I've had a stick and mated to a 4x4 transmission.... I just look at it as jealousy. Cause as far as I can see (and I'm no pro) but these JK's can do some seriously hardcore wheeling with a simple BB and 35's....

Reminds me of awhile back when my buddy had an old half rusted XJ that had 3 inches and 33's....We had a guy down in ocala with a civilian H1 literally laugh at us when we talked to him along the trail. I will never forget it though when we passed him about 30 minutes later going through the same mud holes as he was. I think it really pissed him off. "people are crazy"
Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

We won't talk about my hard top or navigation.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion the TJ almost killed the Jeep Wrangler Legacy. They were way too overpriced. I mean what other car do you know that the MSRP dropped by thousands of dollars with a new bodystyle. I mean the TJs were way overpriced and it seemed like mostly snobby people owning them. I mean the older jeeps and willys were easily affordable for most people. Thankfully the price came down on the JK. I could never have afforded a new or used TJ when I was younger. I was stuck with an older Grand Cherokee because it was cheap once they had high mileage. FInally when I had a better job and was able to afford a new car, the JK had come out and was thousands cheaper and came with a standard 6cylinder.

ANyway, done with my rant... Sorry to any TJ owners out there.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default TJ???

When I bought my TJ I got crap about "real Jeeps" from CJ guys. When I got my JK, crap from TJ guys. So I guess there will always be jerks who are waiting for an argument
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a damn shame there has to be such a negative attitude with people and their dip-sh*t opinions!
The Jeep Wrangler is an American institution, whether its a veteran from Korea, or a 2010 4 door, they are all an American icon...
Most people who owns a jeep will never go to Moab, or take their rig over the Rubicon trail, not all jeeps will end up with a big lift and big tires, or a winch and snorkle!
I see most jeeps in stock or very lightly modified form and being driven on road by people of all corners of society, to me it does'nt mean a thing except that the person driving it is enjoying the ride!!!
For the person who wants a dependable vehicle to drive to the mall or the person who spends countless $$$ modifying their Jeep to do whatever I say HELL YEA!!!
We all have our reasons for driving a Jeep, we all have opinions of what we want to do to our Jeeps, my opinion and you're opinion is not going to be the same.
I say, Have fun, be safe, drive responsibly, tread lightly, and enjoy the ride...

And to all you haters out there,,, I say,,,, I'll follow you or you can follow me, but if all you're gonna do is spew a load of sh*t, shut up and get out of the way!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TNJKER
... these JK's can do some seriously hardcore wheeling with a simple BB and 35's...
JKs can do some serious wheeling without any mod's--even X/Sport models.

A stock X followed us here on Fins and Things, Moab, UT

JackMac4 and me before any mod's at Stanley Draper Lake (please don't tell Officer Pound )

Mine with only rock sliders at Disney, OK
Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

A TJ would have done all of that better.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 10-15-2009, 02:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
A TJ would have done all of that better.
Funny thing you should bring that up. In the third picture, when I reached the top, there was a TJ up there. The driver was out of his vehicle and as I crested he said to me, "You guys are so lucky to have lockers. I don't have lockers and couldn't make it; had to use the bypass!" I told him that while the Jeep in front of me (TORN's Rubi) and the Jeep behind me (Highrlr's Rubi) had lockers, I did not. True story. He ended up joining up with us after this obstacle, and here's a pic at the end of the trail ...

Third picture (from prior post) ...