Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rage?!

Old 10-10-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would reference this website to realize the type of person you may have come into contact.

h ttp://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Nuff Said....
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by White Fang
My job limits me to what I can do with my jeep. I cant be as hardcore as most of you guys here (oh, but how I wish I could )

"God is great, beers is good, and people are crazy"

I think you summed it up pretty well quoting a country song.

I don't know about the whole ruining the "jeep thing". I would be pissed if they quit making the 2 door and just made a 4 door. But I really like the idea of being able to have a wrangler that will fit a family. I had a '93 grand cherokee when it was new, but dude, it ain't no wrangler. One of the few universal truths I live my life by is "choices are good"

I have to ask how does your job limit what you can do to your jeep? Is it not yours (company vechicle), or you deliver mail, what???
Old 10-11-2009, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toymaster
I think you summed it up pretty well quoting a country song.

I don't know about the whole ruining the "jeep thing". I would be pissed if they quit making the 2 door and just made a 4 door. But I really like the idea of being able to have a wrangler that will fit a family. I had a '93 grand cherokee when it was new, but dude, it ain't no wrangler. One of the few universal truths I live my life by is "choices are good"

I have to ask how does your job limit what you can do to your jeep? Is it not yours (company vechicle), or you deliver mail, what???
Them main reason is because its my daily driver and I also do a little real estate on the side and for some reason most people think that they got to ride with me instead of taking their own vehicle when I show a house. I guess its more of a decision on my part. I was also told that my jeep was "unprofessional"

But im thinking of getting a levling kit and seeing if I can run 33s. If the guys I work for dont like it, I guess I'll be looking for something else to do in my spare time.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by White Fang
Them main reason is because its my daily driver and I also do a little real estate on the side and for some reason most people think that they got to ride with me instead of taking their own vehicle when I show a house. I guess its more of a decision on my part. I was also told that my jeep was "unprofessional"

But im thinking of getting a levling kit and seeing if I can run 33s. If the guys I work for dont like it, I guess I'll be looking for something else to do in my spare time.
Maybe with having a giant Jeep some of the customers that your showing a house to will realize they can just take their own car instead of riding with you! Haha.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Widewing
Walmart is an amazing place, isn't it? Certainly, it is the local repository for fat-assed, spandex wearing house wives. How about those 300 lb men, who use the shopping carts as pseudo-walkers, nearly laying on the damn things. I think to myself, "Stand up like a man, for crisake!"

With the economy in its current state, you find more so-called, "upper middle class" folk shopping there now. Which leads to my only significant issue in a Walmart parking lot relative to my Jeep. This is paraphrased, the exact words may differ slightly. It's been a while. I wouldn't post something like this normally, but I think the point needs to be made that you are not obligated to accept crap from mentally challenged jackasses.

I'm the kind of guy who will walk away from a loudmouth. Words don't have any power unless you subscribe them power. I won't, however, walk away from a bully or what I consider a valid threat. I don't consider myself a tough guy, but I am very well trained to deal with tough guys. After years of boxing, guys like that don't faze me anymore. I'm still in the gym a couple of times a week, staying fit, keeping the edge reasonably sharp. I confess that I miss the stomach butterflies of climbing into a ring, knowing that you will win some and lose some. You knew for sure that you were going to get hit and maybe hit often. You learn to draw energy from that. If you can't, or simply dread that fact, find another sport. Boxing, at any level, is not for you. I've got scars at both eyebrows, the corner of my left eye and under my left eye as testament to those other guy's ability. That was always a problem for me, I cut easily, even with headgear... I walked away from amateur competition when I was 35, a few years before I met my wife.

My father was a champion in the Army in 1943. My brothers and me were dragged to a YMCA gym to learn to box before we reached puberty. The middle brother (I'm the oldest) had the most talent, but he elected to play Hockey in college. Yeah, he wasn't shy about brawling... There was no boxing program at my school, I had to wait until I was in the Navy to get into some kind of open competition. I loved the sport, I still do.

Anyway, enough boring background, on to the story.

It was a Saturday back in middle September of last year, there about. Nearby is a shopping area and the parking lot is shared by Walmart and a BJ's Club warehouse store. We were there to go to BJ's. The lot was packed. My wife is disabled, so I try to get a handicapped space, or something close to the store. All of the handicapped spaces were filled (a couple with cars not having the proper tag #%$@&*). So, as we drove down in between the stores, a Toyota backs out in the nearest row, which is separated from me by a 4 foot wide curb/island. Ahead of me, going the other way is a dark blue BMW M3. He also sees the Toyota backing out. He looks at me and stands on the gas. He chirps the tires and speeds by to beat me (and anyone else) to the now vacant parking spot...

I say to my wife, "This is gonna be amusing."

She groans, knowing I'm going to do something that will make her unhappy.

I turn left, drive over the curb, across the mulch covered island and drop right into the parking spot.

The BMW comes hauling down the isle, ready to dive into the parking space. Way too late, I'm already climbing out.

Clearly pissed that I beat him there, he stops in front of my JK, runs down the passenger window and says, "I wouldn't leave that thing there if I were you." Then, he speeds off and turns left.

Loudmouth words, or a believable threat? I have no choice but to assume the latter.

I helped my wife out of the Jeep (another reason why I will not be adding a lift) and walk her to the sidewalk.

I turn and head back to the parking lot.

My wife asks, "Where are you going?"

"That guy implied that he may do something to the Jeep while we're inside. I'm gonna make sure that he doesn't."

"Can't you let it go?"

"No!"

I didn't hear her reply, but knew it wasn't encouragement.

At a jog, I zig-zagged through the rows of parked vehicles, until I spot the BMW parked next to a shopping cart collection rack. I look towards the Walmart, and there's mister tough guy, walking with his back to me. I recognized his shirt. He's a peewee of a guy, 30 something, thinning hair, wearing knee length shorts, a Dinan tee shirt and a Blackberry on his belt.

I jog up to him and he doesn't hear me coming. I step in front of him; so close he bounces off of me. Wide-eyed, he steps back.

"I have some simple rules that I live by... You win some, you lose some, know what I mean?

Still wide-eyed, he stares in disbelief.

"I memorized your license plate number; XXX-XXXX. If a seagull so much as shits on my Jeep, I'll be coming to your house for what will be a very unpleasant visit. Ya got that Sport?"

He's speechless.

"I said, did you get that?"

He stammers out, "Yeah."

I pivot and walk away, but turn around. He's still standing there, paralyzed it seems. "You have a nice day now." I didn't bother to look back. I jogged over to BJ's where my wife was dutifully waiting.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Nothing happened. We established an understanding."

"What understanding is that?"

"He stays away from the Jeep, and I'll stay away from him. Completely fair, I think."

"You're not normal..." She said.

"That's why you love me."

"No.. It isn't. I don't love it when your an asshole."

"So, you only love me only 5% of the time?"

"Just shut up."

"Yes ma'am."

Oh yeah, she's a lot tougher than me and we both know it. Truth.

My regards,

Widewing
Great story man.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Great story man.
X10....!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

X20 on a great story... Definately a good chuckle
Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kupost
I would reference this website to realize the type of person you may have come into contact.

h ttp://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Nuff Said....
Now this is just good taste.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Widewing
Walmart is an amazing place, isn't it? Certainly, it is the local repository for fat-assed, spandex wearing house wives.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:16 PM
yra
JK Newbie

"guys like me that are killing the jeep legacy"

It's guys like him that are killing the brotherly love legacy. There's too much of this hatin lately. Jeeps a brotherhood, it doesn't matter what type it is..... it's a Jeep.