Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Rage?!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rage?!

I had an interesting altercation today. Now lets keep in mind that my rig is bone stock. My job limits me to what I can do with my jeep. I cant be as hardcore as most of you guys here (oh, but how I wish I could )

Anyway, I was leaving Walmart walking to the Wrangler when I noticed a decked-out TJ parked beside me. The owner was leaned up against his rig. As I walked by I nodded and said "nice jeep." The guy looked at me and said "yeah, I was waiting to see who this belonged to" while pointing at my wrangler. I said "yep shes mine, is that a 4 inch lift sitting on 35s?"

The guy just explodes! He starts ranting and raving about how its guys like me that are killing the jeep legacy. this caught me by surprise I was like Dude, wtf?!

As I got in and was driving off he was raving about how does it feel to be a mallcrawler. At that point I rolled down my window, grinned and polity said "sounds like someones got a pine cone up their ass cause they cant afford one" and drove off.

"God is great, beers is good, and people are crazy"
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gotta say thats sad of that guy to say that ....And I wish some poor attitude ass would say that to me some day I keep praying If it's anybody's fault its chrysler's fault for selling these things so Damn over priced that only well off people can afford to modify them ... I always loved the wrangler and finally I got to a point in my life where I could buy one new but thats about it.....No mod money till she is paid off LOL !!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

I thinkk he must have been one of the same guys on here recently griping about where to buy parts! I had a similar experience last night while coming out of Gordon Birsch (a German micro brew/restaurant in Annapolis). I came out to find an Unlimited sitting on 37s and a 4 inch lift parked two spots down. The owner was sitting in his Jeep and said "I was just looking at your differential covers". I then talked about my recent gear install with him. He was running stock 4.10s with his 37s. Frankly, his 37s and lift made my 2 door with a 3 inch lift and 35s look pewny! As I was about to say bye, a couple pulled into the parking lot with a stock unlimited. Everyone said hi and took a few minutes to look at eachothers rigs - again!

I felt great the rest of the evening! If it weren't for the Jeeps, there wouldn't have had a conversation with 3 other total strangers!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Freak

Man, that's insane! I'd be completely caught off gaurd if somebody did that to me. I probably would have just pointed out the fact that he's also crawling to malls since he was in the same damn parking lot as you were! Haha! Best thing to do though I guess would just be to laugh it off... he's the one that looks like an asshole anyway!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

That's pretty freaking ignorant of that guy. There's this old tj in my town and the one time I waved to him he flicked garbage out his window at me. A jeep is a jeep. Doesn't matter if it has 4 doors, 2 doors or even no doors. Its still a jeep, and every jeep has to start off somewhere. Guys like that just peeve me off!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like the guy was off his meds.

For years I used to drive by a house with a blue, topless, doorless Jeep. Every now and then I'd go by and he'd have a soft top on it, but mostly it was just bare and beautiful. I can't name Jeeps, just by looking at them, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was a CJ. It had a good sized lift and probably 35's on it. I used to drive my wife crazy because every time we'd drive by that house I'd say I wished he'd put a for sale sign on that thing so I could buy it. It just looked like pure fun on 4 wheels, but I never saw it on the road.

Then I finally bought my used '07 and the very first time I drove it after putting the OME HD lift on it, I got to the end of my street, and this same blue Jeep drives by. The guy in the jeep is shirtless, leaning across the passenger seat giving me this HUGE thumbs up out the door with the biggest grin on his face. I put both hands on the winshield and waved with everything I had. I felt I'd just been inducted to the greatest family of people on earth.

That, my friend is the kind of people you want to remember. Not the a-hole you ran into.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

maybe i "cough..." he had a little two much to drink??
Old 10-10-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thar is a shame of that guy. I too have to watch my pwnnies. My jk is a daily driver too... So i cant be doing insane stuff on it. I woyld love to build my jeep as in the 4x4 mags...and i will get there. Sliwlt bur surly. As a matter of fact, i have been workin my own grill mod-plan to post next week ( primer drying as i type). 60 bucks to DIY, but i think it looks good as the 200-300 dollar ones.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Walmart is an amazing place, isn't it? Certainly, it is the local repository for fat-assed, spandex wearing house wives. How about those 300 lb men, who use the shopping carts as pseudo-walkers, nearly laying on the damn things. I think to myself, "Stand up like a man, for crisake!"

With the economy in its current state, you find more so-called, "upper middle class" folk shopping there now. Which leads to my only significant issue in a Walmart parking lot relative to my Jeep. This is paraphrased, the exact words may differ slightly. It's been a while. I wouldn't post something like this normally, but I think the point needs to be made that you are not obligated to accept crap from mentally challenged jackasses.

I'm the kind of guy who will walk away from a loudmouth. Words don't have any power unless you subscribe them power. I won't, however, walk away from a bully or what I consider a valid threat. I don't consider myself a tough guy, but I am very well trained to deal with tough guys. After years of boxing, guys like that don't faze me anymore. I'm still in the gym a couple of times a week, staying fit, keeping the edge reasonably sharp. I confess that I miss the stomach butterflies of climbing into a ring, knowing that you will win some and lose some. You knew for sure that you were going to get hit and maybe hit often. You learn to draw energy from that. If you can't, or simply dread that fact, find another sport. Boxing, at any level, is not for you. I've got scars at both eyebrows, the corner of my left eye and under my left eye as testament to those other guy's ability. That was always a problem for me, I cut easily, even with headgear... I walked away from amateur competition when I was 35, a few years before I met my wife.

My father was a champion in the Army in 1943. My brothers and me were dragged to a YMCA gym to learn to box before we reached puberty. The middle brother (I'm the oldest) had the most talent, but he elected to play Hockey in college. Yeah, he wasn't shy about brawling... There was no boxing program at my school, I had to wait until I was in the Navy to get into some kind of open competition. I loved the sport, I still do.

Anyway, enough boring background, on to the story.

It was a Saturday back in middle September of last year, there about. Nearby is a shopping area and the parking lot is shared by Walmart and a BJ's Club warehouse store. We were there to go to BJ's. The lot was packed. My wife is disabled, so I try to get a handicapped space, or something close to the store. All of the handicapped spaces were filled (a couple with cars not having the proper tag #%$@&*). So, as we drove down in between the stores, a Toyota backs out in the nearest row, which is separated from me by a 4 foot wide curb/island. Ahead of me, going the other way is a dark blue BMW M3. He also sees the Toyota backing out. He looks at me and stands on the gas. He chirps the tires and speeds by to beat me (and anyone else) to the now vacant parking spot...

I say to my wife, "This is gonna be amusing."

She groans, knowing I'm going to do something that will make her unhappy.

I turn left, drive over the curb, across the mulch covered island and drop right into the parking spot.

The BMW comes hauling down the isle, ready to dive into the parking space. Way too late, I'm already climbing out.

Clearly pissed that I beat him there, he stops in front of my JK, runs down the passenger window and says, "I wouldn't leave that thing there if I were you." Then, he speeds off and turns left.

Loudmouth words, or a believable threat? I have no choice but to assume the latter.

I helped my wife out of the Jeep (another reason why I will not be adding a lift) and walk her to the sidewalk.

I turn and head back to the parking lot.

My wife asks, "Where are you going?"

"That guy implied that he may do something to the Jeep while we're inside. I'm gonna make sure that he doesn't."

"Can't you let it go?"

"No!"

I didn't hear her reply, but knew it wasn't encouragement.

At a jog, I zig-zagged through the rows of parked vehicles, until I spot the BMW parked next to a shopping cart collection rack. I look towards the Walmart, and there's mister tough guy, walking with his back to me. I recognized his shirt. He's a peewee of a guy, 30 something, thinning hair, wearing knee length shorts, a Dinan tee shirt and a Blackberry on his belt.

I jog up to him and he doesn't hear me coming. I step in front of him; so close he bounces off of me. Wide-eyed, he steps back.

"I have some simple rules that I live by... You win some, you lose some, know what I mean?

Still wide-eyed, he stares in disbelief.

"I memorized your license plate number; XXX-XXXX. If a seagull so much as shits on my Jeep, I'll be coming to your house for what will be a very unpleasant visit. Ya got that Sport?"

He's speechless.

"I said, did you get that?"

He stammers out, "Yeah."

I pivot and walk away, but turn around. He's still standing there, paralyzed it seems. "You have a nice day now." I didn't bother to look back. I jogged over to BJ's where my wife was dutifully waiting.

"What happened?", she asked.

"Nothing happened. We established an understanding."

"What understanding is that?"

"He stays away from the Jeep, and I'll stay away from him. Completely fair, I think."

"You're not normal..." She said.

"That's why you love me."

"No.. It isn't. I don't love it when your an asshole."

"So, you only love me only 5% of the time?"

"Just shut up."

"Yes ma'am."

Oh yeah, she's a lot tougher than me and we both know it. Truth.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

That guy must have to say that alot because last time i checked, there are alot more stock jeeps than modded jeeps on the roads. Atleast around here its that way.