Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK options you couldn't live without?

Old 05-04-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKGirl
DVD changer???? that is so old school....Just get an ipod and plug it in!!!!
I have 3 iPods...

The difference is:

1) 6-disc doesn't need to be charged
2) 6-disc doesn't need to be hidden when I'm not in the Jeep
3) iPod doesn't display song title/album title/artist on the head unit
4) A 24 disc DVD case holds 192 gigabytes of music (with dual layered DVDs)
5) I can't lose my head unit!

I like my iPod(s), but for driving, the 6-disc has completely replaced them. Only drawback is that the 6-disc has no random!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZToad

So far - no problems with the auto and considering some of the traffic and the amount of coffee I drink - maybe it was a good thing!

good to hear. I tore both my MCLs in the hospital while getting chemo (light headedness) and I never though of it being a reason for not getting a manual, cause I never considered a manual, lol.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:50 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ZachMan
Ordering an '08 in July and I have a few dealers in my area that will sell for invoice. So I am trying to stay under $27k. Right now I am set on a 2-door Rubicon in Detonator Yellow with the only option being an Auto. (Should be in the mid $25k)

Anyways are there any option you consider well worth the $$? I am 110% set on a soft top only and no power locks, etc.

Also, this is the first vehicle I've ever ordered, how does this process generally go? How much of a deposite do you usually pay?
You don't need power locks or windows on a two door. It originally wasNn't part of my package b/c to me, it doesn't belong on a true Jeep. Hah! I changed my order and I'm glad that I did, but only because I got a 4 door. It would be too much of a pain, to me anyway, to roll down 4 windows manually, especially if you are driving. I ended up with everything but side airbags.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 05-04-2007 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Have you considered the tow package? Even if you only rarely tow, it's a necessity when you do. And the 2" receiver is very useful for attaching other accessories (winch, bike rack, cargo carrier, etc).
Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I purchased one with the A/C for the better half. Personally, i didnt want it.
I opted for the Automatic; again for the better half. Didnt want that either.

anything I can't live without? no, not really. any Jeep is better than no Jeep.
A/C for my better half as well, but she wouldn't settle for anything else except a standard. Man, do I ever love that woman!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

i really enjoy my power locks, windows, keyless entry, and alarm...

i also enjoy the upgraded speakers, i think they sound plenty good

i have side airbags, havent needed them but its nice knowing i have them

i havent needed ac yet but when i get to cali when i take leave, ill enjoy it

i wish i had gotten the town package

i wish i had the hard top
Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Default Plus...

Another thing to consider...adding items later won't be under the warranty or finance package (should you go that route).

From my perspective, I'm glad I loaded it because I'm already shelling out money each month for additional toys and I can't imagine trying to justify the cost of each of the add ons had I not!

Wish I would have put the bumper / winch package in right off the bat too!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok so i just recieved my locking gas cap, mopar floor mats, locking lug nuts, and mopar grab handles and coat hanger

I like the grab handles
I love the floor mats
The locking lug nuts are good for security, especially for the spare

And i wish i had all of the above from the factory

But um...

The locking gas cap is a POS! It feels like im going to break it off every time i opened it and close it. The lock on the cap has to be turned, and then opened but while opening it you have to hold the key unlocked. And once you have it off you have to find a place to put it because it doesnt have a hole for the stock plastic strap.

I forgot who told me on the forums that i wasnt going to like the design and that they were going back to the stock cap but... wow! i had mine on for a while 30 seconds
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mlbplayer86
The locking gas cap is a POS! It feels like im going to break it off every time i opened it and close it. The lock on the cap has to be turned, and then opened but while opening it you have to hold the key unlocked. And once you have it off you have to find a place to put it because it doesnt have a hole for the stock plastic strap.
Odd. I got the locking gas cap when I ordered my vehicle. It is secured to the vehicle with a collar and a plastic lanyard that's plugged into a small hole inset into the opening for the gas cap. And, it uses the same key as the ignition/doors. I haven't had any more difficulty with its lock mechanism than any other locking gas cap I've ever had.

As for the Mopar wheel locks: I got them, but I've decided I'll probably replace them with Gorilla locks. The latter are more secure because of the collar around each lock, and I don't like the way the Mopar locks poke out beyond the facing of the wheel (It looks like I could turn them with a pair of Vice grips).

And for the Mopar carpet mats: I got them also, but then mud started intruding into the vehicle. I replaced them with Husky liners. The Mopar mats are great, however, if you're mostly driving in town--they do look nice and fit quite well. But, if you get into mud, consider whether you want that in your carpet (since that's all the mats are).
Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Must have.

1. A/C-----Anywhere in the south.
2. Sirius
3. Power windows. I originally didn't care for it, now I am glad I got it.

BTW, what happened to the 04 TJ Rubi you had?

Quick Reply: JK options you couldn't live without?