Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK options you couldn't live without?

Old 05-04-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK options you couldn't live without?

Ordering an '08 in July and I have a few dealers in my area that will sell for invoice. So I am trying to stay under $27k. Right now I am set on a 2-door Rubicon in Detonator Yellow with the only option being an Auto. (Should be in the mid $25k)

Anyways are there any option you consider well worth the $$? I am 110% set on a soft top only and no power locks, etc.

Also, this is the first vehicle I've ever ordered, how does this process generally go? How much of a deposite do you usually pay?

Last edited by ZachMan; 05-04-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Both tops. That way you have one if you need it/want it.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live without every option they make except one (auto tranny) and I wish I'd decided to live without that.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

naw-- I don't think you need both tops...I only have the soft top and not regretted it one bit!! And I took delivery in Oct...so I have had it all winter...
Old 05-04-2007, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rupedog
Both tops. That way you have one if you need it/want it.
Read my post, not going with a hard top period. Don't need it, don't want and no place to keep it.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKGirl
naw-- I don't think you need both tops...I only have the soft top and not regretted it one bit!! And I took delivery in Oct...so I have had it all winter...
5 jeeps 2 hard tops 3 soft tops, had to replace 4 tops due to slice and dice. Went to hardtops, no more slice and dice. Plus you can pack more junk I mean camping gear into a hardtop. Just my op.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibum
I live without every option they make except one (auto tranny) and I wish I'd decided to live without that.

Sounds like me, I just didn't know if someone might suggest something I haven't thought about.

Honestly the only other options (besides an auto) that I have considered in the past are tint and locking gas cap, lol.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rupedog
5 jeeps 2 hard tops 3 soft tops, had to replace 4 tops due to slice and dice. Went to hardtops, no more slice and dice. Plus you can pack more junk I mean camping gear into a hardtop. Just my op.
Its not up for debate, offtrack here we go....

I live in a gated community and work in a nice area no break in issues ever.

I am also lazy and wheel often, so taking the hardtop on and off would get old and a hardtop has no place on the trails I run.

Last edited by ZachMan; 05-04-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ZachMan
Its not up for debate, offtrack here we go....

I live in a gated community and work in a nice area no break in issues ever.

I am also lazy and wheel often, so taking the hardtop on and off would get old and a hardtop has no place on the trails I run.
OK OK I give up. You win! Does jeep still sell winches as an option? That's one I would get.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZachMan
Sounds like me, I just didn't know if someone might suggest something I haven't thought about.

Honestly the only other options (besides an auto) that I have considered in the past are tint and locking gas cap, lol.
I bought my stripped, unlimited X because its what I could afford at the time. The auto is terrible, but only because of the preprogrammed shiftpoints from DCX. As soon as the aftermarket comes up with a programmer for this vehicle, life will be good again. Now that I have lived with the Jeep awhile, the only thing that is an immediate "must have" for me, is larger wheels/tires. The stock 225s belong on a station wagon.

Quick Reply: JK options you couldn't live without?