Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK not that slow

Old 11-23-2008, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your wife can't push the gas pedal all the way down or you got screwed on a motor and transmission on the blazer.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still don't understand why some people say their Jeep is a dog and slows way down on hills. Mine never has a problem when I hit a hill on the highway and I never have to downshift unless it's a hill that has a sharp enough curve to warrant such a thing.
Maybe it's just the autos'
As for the Jeep vs. Blazer thing, well,.........I never was a big fan of the Blazer, even the K5. Glad YOU won, or you would probably never hear the end of it if your wife is anything like mine.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benny
I still don't understand why some people say their Jeep is a dog and slows way down on hills. Mine never has a problem when I hit a hill on the highway and I never have to downshift unless it's a hill that has a sharp enough curve to warrant such a thing.
Maybe it's just the autos'
As for the Jeep vs. Blazer thing, well,.........I never was a big fan of the Blazer, even the K5. Glad YOU won, or you would probably never hear the end of it if your wife is anything like mine.
I think it's the auto Unlimiteds. Maybe a tranny reprogram to increase the RPM shift point would do the trick. My X Wrangler will squal off and catch second gear too. This motor aint a dog. You just gotta get the revs up. The throttle is also drive by wire and the computer "learns" how you drive. If you granny it around town, when you mash it hard it's not gonna punch it. I've noticed good power is only made above 3k. The thing don't redline till 6k. We've got lifetime drivetrain warranty! Drive it like you stole it! Mine hauls ass so
Old 11-23-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by echofoxtrot
Yeah, it's a Chevy.

Lol I agree
Old 11-23-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My very first vehicle, a '61 VW Panel Truck was slow.

I find the 2-door 6-speed Rubicon reasonably fast on 35s.
If you need speed, wind out 3rd and then 4th, you'll be going fast enough.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I was driving next to a humm$hit (H2) and he was aging me on... So we had a 0 - 55 deal from a red light. (speed limit was 55). I beat him by a car length when I hit the speed limit. I have 35" tires with 4:10 gears. When we got to the next light, he gave me the bird. What a guy!
Old 11-23-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

I am a major power junkie.....trying to justify to do a hemi convert...sooo much $$ though...and I could complain about the power of our jeeps, but like it was said, if your drive it up in the rpms, you can go plenty fast enough...My 6spd motors along up and down the mountain passes here no problem.....Still want more power though
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Was the engine in the Blazer rebuilt to stock? if it was, that might explain it. A big heavy truck does take a bit to move.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

It has a restrictor plate?

Quick Reply: JK not that slow