Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Newbie saying hi and being curious

Old 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Newbie saying hi and being curious

I just got my first jeep, and there is no feeling like driving with the doors and top off. Can't wait to get some offroad action. It is all stock right now, but I have alot of plans. I will post some pics of my JK shortly. Very excited to be part of the forum.

On another note, my jeep is a hardtop black. The white on the inside just looks out of place. Any idea how big of a deal it is to paint it, and how much it might cost? Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forum!

I too have a wondered about painting the inside of the top. I tossed around the idea of rattle can paint but was worried it would look like crap so I just left it alone.

I bet you could easily get a quote from a body shop in your area though!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to a automotive paint supply store. You can get spray cans and paint yourself. Don't forget to prep well. Use a scotchbrite pad to scuff up and use wax and grease remover before and after. Save some bucks and do it yourself. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

BTW.... Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen peeps paint them and turn out great. Another cool option is hothead headliners people brag about them on here. And I've even seen some guys that have put carpet in them to give a different look.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Well tomorrow I'm getting the windows tinted and going to the body shop for a scratch in my brand new jeeps hood. (someone opened the hood with the windshield wiper up)
so I could just get an estimate from them.

But, i have a feeling they will overcharge, so I'm leaning more towards a do-it-yourself tactic. lol
The prep will be the important part, and scotchbrite pads along with the de-greaser would be cheap.
Also heard of people using bed liner. im not shure if bed liner or paint from a rattle can would be easier to touch up or less noticable.

This might not be done for a week or so, cause of the window tint, I don't want to tape up the newly tinted windows.

And Thank you all for the Welcome!!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. I've been thinking about this mod too and am really considering the Hotheads headliner. Lots of available options for color and insulation. Good luck with your choice.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

I just looked up the hotheads headliner, and that looks way better than the big plain white walls in there now.
I will have to take that one into consideration also now. lol

Quick Reply: JK Newbie saying hi and being curious