Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK as a KITE?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude did the steering column get wet? If water got in there the horn switch can short some time in the future and it will keep intermittent shorting for a few days till it dries out. Once dried out it is fine just a PIA when it happens and you have the hood up at 4:00am tryin g to pull the battery with the horn sturrering in your ear.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Dude did the steering column get wet? If water got in there the horn switch can short some time in the future and it will keep intermittent shorting for a few days till it dries out. Once dried out it is fine just a PIA when it happens and you have the hood up at 4:00am tryin g to pull the battery with the horn sturrering in your ear.
It was a tiny bit wet, nothing that i think would get anything inside it wet. Its probably easier to just pull the 2wires off then horn in that case

I got mine set up that its just zip tied to wire harness there and I am going to take it out for next wheelin trip

Quick Reply: JK as a KITE?