Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK - Extended Warranty

Old 10-27-2020, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK - Extended Warranty

We have a 2015 JK with only about 25k miles. The factory warranty has expired and my wife bought an extended warranty. The warranty is named "Mopar Vehicle Protection Extended". It costs about $30/month. Has anyone heard of this warranty? It looks like Mopar, but I have my doubts for some reason.

Link
Old 10-27-2020, 05:55 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,695 Posts

I am not a warranty guy at all, but have you called your local dealer to ask about this? If it was a valid Mopar warranty I'd think they'd see it as such. $30/mo for a vehicle that has 25k miles is pretty rich IMO, but if you're not mechanically incline I guess I can see it paying off years from now maybe.

Realistically, on a '15 with that kinda mileage you're looking at potential cooling system repairs and an oil cooler. Anything other than that would be pretty abnormal IMO.

Last edited by resharp001; 10-27-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The names on them can vary but some of those warranties are actually legit. We bought a 2016 in 2017 with 10k miles and they offered a factory warranty out to 10yr/ 100k miles. I've got to say- the dealer is making it worth the $1000 we paid for it (between piece of mind and parts). They replaced inner axle seals and diff fluid as well as rear axle seals and diff fluid- right in a time where I was lacking time to do so. They also replaced a bunch of gaskets but I think that was under a different piece of the warranty.

Just for kicks and giggles- it used to cost something like $180 per axle for a fluid change. You'll have to do your own math if it's worth it to you. Going off of labor costs of what they've fixed for me, $1000 was money well spent along with piece of mind for when I put 1500 miles on it this past week, knowing that if anything came up, I'd be covered.

Quick Reply: JK - Extended Warranty