Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Door Theft

Old 01-25-2007, 02:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sounds kind of fishy to me....

I would call BS on that salesman's story! Sounds like he's really pushing those accessories. I might have believed 5 sets not 20? That's why most smart dealers have gone to that high tech chain link fence to protect their inventory. Or maybe it was an inside job.........
Old 01-25-2007, 03:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
That's why I have insurance. I don't think the door locks are that expensive though. Just a couple of nuts with a special wrench. Sort of like a wheel lock.
It might ease your mind. Alot of guys take their nuts off and never put them back on. These are mostly married guys! Heck, come to think of it, I might be one of them.
Heh... yeah... mine are in my wife's purse...
Old 01-29-2007, 04:16 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
Heh... yeah... mine are in my wife's purse...
So THAT's why the wifey is always scratching her purse!

I thought her credit card just had the "itch" :confused:
Old 01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clubber
Boy........i'ed love to catch some SOB taken the doors off my jeep. Save me the trouble of buying dog food for a couple a weeks....................
LOL!!!!

Sounds like the dealer is trying to sell you on it unnecessarily. I've heard of door theft, but don't know anyone that this has happened to. I wouldn't worry. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. Same philosophy as the Jeep itself. You can't deter a determined thief, even with a Boomerang II.

Quick Reply: JK Door Theft