Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Diesels

Old 09-23-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pfft you keep that 2.8L, I want that 3.8L there are talking about.
You can keep the 3.8L, I want the 4.2L or the 5.6L engine. That would provide the most torque this Wrangler has ever seen. I feel as though this movement for a diesel Wrangler is gaining steam. I've been doing research on line, there is a growing demand for one, that's for sure.

I would take the 2.8L. but would be disappointed if I could have had a 4.2L. Can you even imagine the torque from a 4.2 or even a 5.6L diesel in the JK?!?!?!

I can...

Tom
Bryson CIty, NC
Old 10-03-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2.8 crd diesel auto.....with 200 hp and a huge torque is more powerful than the 4.0 gasoline.

As for the sound is pretty quiet......bu i like the tractor sound!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

I love to see the enthusiasm you all have on diesel engines. my Cummins powered Ram has been my daily since '96 and has given me NO problems (even in the cold), will pull anything I can find, gets around 21 MPG and on average can go for 400k mi. before needing any major repairs. noisy? so I've been told. but not when your in the cab....whats not to love?

I'm pretty sure that Jeep is gonna have some oil burner powered rigs in no time. the demand is getting too high for them NOT to.

Last edited by 71bee; 10-04-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

Yes Z71.....there is something manly about a diesel engine!

I like the way the diesel release the horse power....hi torque at low rpm.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone seen this post regarding the possible diesel in the JK for 2009?

READ THE LAST POST ON THIS PAGE....
http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1758

It would be awesome if it comes true!!

Last edited by jakebsellin; 10-04-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Perhaps, but people who buy a diesel aren't going to mind the noise. One man's noise is another man's music. Those who want it can buy it and those who don't won't. Once word got out how powerful it was, especially once the aftermarket got their hands on the engine, you'll see the same problem we saw with the 07' JK, too much demand, and not enough workers/parts.

If they build it, I would buy it no matter the cost. MANY others feel the same way. It'll be well worth the money spent.

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 10-05-2007, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Well...I drive diesel since the beginning!

A diesel engine can dive completely anstill turnuing!

Beside this, the diesel VM mounted on the JK is really noise quiet, has more torque than a gasoline and is less fuel drinker!

Yesterday I had my ignition software modified...210 horse power....510 kgm of torque at 1780 rpm and even more less thirsty!

I have to say...diesel all life long!!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would sign up for a diesel if they produce one. I think it really is just a matter of time. The liberty was more successful than Jeep thought when they produced that as a diesel. Unfortunately due to new regulation that the liberty did not meet the diesel was removed. With the rumors of another diesel being produced to go into the liberty in 2009 / 2010 I would say that it is a safe bet that the Wrangler will get one as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
I'd still like to see a diesel but there is a simple business question here. Until orders for the gas version are at a managable level why retool factories?

DC are selling all they can make at the moment and until that changes, I hate to say it but, I can't see a diesel. Not to mention that they would still not be legal in CA or NY the two largest markets.
Why add a diesel option? To conform to the ever-tightening EPA Fuel Economy restrictions. They're not going to make these 4wd bricks any more aerodynamic. Their only recourse in raising their average mpg is to offer more fuel-efficient engines.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

check this out...

http://detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...23/1148/AUTO01

It doesnt say the JK will being getting a diesel specifically, but it tends to lead one to believe.

Quick Reply: JK Diesels