Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK in dash Compass?

Old 08-22-2016, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JK in dash Compass?

My 2015 JK Rubicon Hard Rock (purchased new) in dash compass is not showing the correct direction that I am traveling. Ex: shows NW when going North and so on. It states in the owners manual to calibrate when you first get the vehicle by going to a location away from large metal objects and turn complete 360 turns..... The compass is to show calibrate, but ours never has. It must of been done by someone at the dealers incorrectly. Is there a way to get the calibrate mode back so I can do it correctly?
Old 08-22-2016, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Default Compass

Originally Posted by nejdman
My 2015 JK Rubicon Hard Rock (purchased new) in dash compass is not showing the correct direction that I am traveling. Ex: shows NW when going North and so on. It states in the owners manual to calibrate when you first get the vehicle by going to a location away from large metal objects and turn complete 360 turns..... The compass is to show calibrate, but ours never has. It must of been done by someone at the dealers incorrectly. Is there a way to get the calibrate mode back so I can do it correctly?
If my memory serves correctly drive in 360 circles counter clockwise 3 x. If this does not work, do it clockwise 3 x.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you set your zone first? After the zone is set, hold the reset button for 10 seconds and release. Repeat. That should enter calibrate mode.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AAAA.png
Views:	1563
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	655117  

Last edited by 14Sport; 08-22-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the info. where did you get it?

Thanks 14Sport! My owners manual only goes to page 161.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

Yw. I downloaded it from the Jeep owners site here.

I'm in FL so I had to change my variance to a 9 and all is good. That's from my 2014 owner's manual.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

What you need to do is hold a tuning fork while you drive in circles and sing Kumbaya. Then you'll be all set.

Edit: I almost forgot this must be done at 12 noon as far away from civilization as possible, also it works much better if you're in the nude

Last edited by Pats fan; 08-23-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pats fan
What you need to do is hold a tuning fork while you drive in circles and sing Kumbaya. Then you'll be all set.

Edit: I almost forgot this must be done at 12 noon as far away from civilization as possible, also it works much better if you're in the nude
Old 03-20-2021, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nejdman
My jeep had dashes instead of direction..I replace factory radio with keenwood deck everything worked fine until I replaced the winch and then I had the dashes...the fix was to reconnect the factory radio and GPS connection....recalibrate the compass by driving in a circle in reverse...I then reconnected the Kenwood and the compass now works with the Kenwood deck reinstalled

Quick Reply: JK in dash Compass?