Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK coming at you(View)

Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK coming at you(View)

Today I was shocked that I didn't know it was a 4 door JK "X" coming the other direction, he had his fogs on and from a distance my brain saID IT had
H3 written all over it, (it's front bars they copied from Jeep)),... When he was about a 200 feet or so away, then bang I got it "4 Door JK" and then I smiled. Now I no why people give me a double take many times a day while driving. I just never saw our JK from such a distance heading right at me. The front view looks awsome, and yes, it has a look all of it's own, I just gotta get used to seeing them from the front more often, but there's ony a couple around.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little off subject, but as you already HAVE your JK, I'm assuming you can put the fog lights on with the headlights off, but you have to have the parking lights on? Question #2, do the fog lights stay on when you put the high beams on, or do they turn off? I hate it when they go off, if you're putting on your high beams, you're obviously looking for more light, so why extinguish the fogs when you do it???
Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 11-08-2006, 09:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
A little off subject, but as you already HAVE your JK, I'm assuming you can put the fog lights on with the headlights off, but you have to have the parking lights on? YES Question #2, do the fog lights stay on when you put the high beams on, or do they turn off? THEY GO OFF I hate it when they go off, if you're putting on your high beams, you're obviously looking for more light, so why extinguish the fogs when you do it???
Tom
Bryson City, NC
Tom, I answered in above in Red......I guess the new law says ((no fogs with high beams)), but your correct, the lighting would be awesome if they would stay on WITH high beams also. I need all the lighting available to see all these Pa. Deer running everywhere.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Tom, I answered in above in Red......I guess the new law says ((no fogs with high beams)), but your correct, the lighting would be awesome if they would stay on WITH high beams also. I need all the lighting available to see all these Pa. Deer running everywhere.

I wonder if we can change that? It would be nice to have high beams and fogs..
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

On the TJ it was as simple as removing a pin from a relay under the hood. I never tried it on my TJ, only hearsay from other TJ forums and clubs.
The few times I have seen Unlimited JKs (hardtops), I honestly thought at first they were that Mercedes SUV. I forgot the name of it.

Last edited by JeepYak; 11-08-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepYak
On the TJ it was as simple as removing a pin from a relay under the hood. I never tried it on my TJ, only hearsay from other TJ forums and clubs.
The few times I have seen Unlimited JKs (hardtops), I honestly thought at first they were that Mercedes SUV. I forgot the name of it.
Ya there's a way to out smart the Fog Light's by doing something with the "Relay", Something about adding a few (((( jumper wire's))))....... read that on some other Site a while back. I'll try to research that for ya.

Well now, you thought a Mercedes, you did worst than me..LOL We'll get it right after seeing a few more on thew road.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default Anybody Else See It?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Yes I've seen that vehicle a few times here in central Pa. I kinda liked it because it looked so different and very rare. WoW! a very close resemlance. That "X" looks great, looks like nice rear Bumper. Were did the "X' picture come from.??
Old 11-09-2006, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

The X came from a Best Top ad. Notice it doesn't have a rear wiper. This is the Jeep that made me decide on flame red.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:39 AM
JK Freak

The X came from a Best Top ad. Notice it doesn't have a rear wiper. This is the Jeep that made me decide on flame red.
The Flame Red has always been one of my favorites. My 79 CJ was Red and that's what made it look so great. Believe or not, my saw the Rescue Green and loved it, good thing it was just sitting in front of the dealer, that way we could get a great walk around. This Green has grown on me now, and I really think the people that break their neck to look at it, has alot to do with the Green. Go into thisd Website below and click on the center picture of the Rescue Green JK(then click to blow it up))))....this is mine, work in progress with Rock Guards(Sliders) and Full Engine/Tranny Skid Plate> much more to come. Both should be completed tomorrow for final fitting, then Powder Coat Black..
http://www.skidplates.com/

Last edited by nam6869usmc; 11-10-2006 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply: JK coming at you(View)