Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK broken into.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK broken into.

Well, it finally happened. The thief managed to unzip the back of my soft top without damaging it and crawled in. There was nothing of interest in plain sight, so he apparently went for the glove box--which was locked, of course. It looks like he just tried to rip the handle off in hopes of it somehow changing the fact that the box was locked with a key. He must have gotten spooked or something because he seems to have jumped out of the passenger door and taken off. It doesn't look like the stereo or anything else was tampered with. So, I've got a broken glove box latch. Fantastic.
Oh, and by the way, I don't keep anything valuable in the glove box anyway.

This is just another reason why I hate Richmond, VA.

On a side note: if anyone can advise me as to what I may have done wrong in securing my jeep, I'd appreciate it...or just some cheap security tips.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Jedi

Sorry to hear. At least he was smart enough to unzip rather than cut the windows. A lot of Jeepers just leave the Jeep unlocked to save the soft-top windows from being cut. You're smart to not leave anything in the Jeep, but given that I wouldn't bother locking either storage box.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Suggestion : move to Canada we dont have Crime up here .....
Old 03-13-2009, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Youri;999665]If you can, park under a lamppost at night./QUOTE]

That doesnt always work.. My mom had her car broke into and we have a dusk to dawn light on the side of the house right where the driveway is, and it just seemed to give them more light to see....
Old 03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
JK Freak

Break-ins suck. I've had 3 of them.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks buddy. Had mine broke into about 6 months ago but the kid was to retarded to unzip the window. On top of that, he cut the side window and reached in to unlock the door from the inside. Can you say ALARM. I chased his sorry a$$ for two blocks in flip flops and shorts, but I caught him and scarred all the neighbors for life. So, sweet ending for me, just part of the Jeep life I have been used to for years in wonderful Virginia. My old saying is, "If you value it, don't leave it in the Jeep"!

Quick Reply: JK broken into.