Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK 2 door cargo liner

Old 05-03-2013, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey Joe

It IS a beast to remove if you have the rear subwoofer . . .

Somewhere on these Forums I recall someone else posting about this. *lol* The rear seat weighs ~70 pounds, and his post said that you need to remove the subwoofer first. At my age and physical condition I found I wasn't strong enough to wrestle it out. If you take your top off, you could undo the rear seat and lift it out, I guess.

I wound up going to my dealer and paying ~$50 to have them remove it. (They claimed they DID have to remove the subwoofer first). They pulled it out, folded it, and then laid it back in lengthwise. When I got home I got a friend to help me carry it into my shed.

I am so glad I did this. To me, it was definitely worth the money! That rear seat is a real joke. It's way too small and difficult to get into (except for small children, perhaps). There's much more room in the rear now, and if I'm not carrying anything, I'm also not lugging around 70 pounds of useless weight!

All best, Joe
You ought to drive back to that dealership, call them liars and demand your money back. No way did they remove your subwoofer to do that. No. Way.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I keep my rer seat removed all the time, my kids are doggers. Tried both of those liners and they slip and slide, even if both dogs are in the back. No good in my opinion, plus cargo wants to slide too. Got a rubber door mat kind of liner and it is the way to go. Lloyds mats makes one they call the Rubbertite..... Rubbertite Custom Fit All Weather Automobile Floor Mats | Lloyd Mats
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Stick on velcro. Just use the hook side. It also works great for keepoling floor mats from blowing out while doorless.

If you take the sub out to get the seat out, your doing it wrong. That's so silly its hard to believe.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I got the brand new liner offered by Jeep. It's just like the slush mats. Paid $108 for it. Not bad. The only cons are you can't put the rear seat in with it there and no stubby rubber fingers underneath it but it doesn't really slide around so no biggie. Made for the four door but also fits the two.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-75000385.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	456492   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2229513442.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	456493   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2099188142.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	456494  

Last edited by Warpath; 05-10-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Warpath
Well I got the brand new liner offered by Jeep. It's just like the slush mats. Paid $108 for it. Not bad. The only cons are you can't put the rear seat in with it there and no stubby rubber fingers underneath it but it doesn't really slide around so no biggie. Made for the four door but also fits the two.
I know this thread is a year old, but I'm thinking about getting the Mopar slush cargo mat for my 2 door. I'm curious if it's possible to cut holes in the mat to allow the back seat to sit on top? I'm not sure if the mat is too thick for the seat hooks to reach the mounting points, so hopefully one of you who owns the mat can chime in with their thoughts? Thanks!

EDIT: Also, as a point of reference, the Quadratec cargo mat is shown in both the 4 door and 2 door (similar fit to the Mopar mat), AND it has cutouts that allow the rear seat of the 2 door to be utilized (see photos on Qtec page). This is what I'm going for, only with the matching Mopar cargo slush mat.

Last edited by S1I2F3; 04-29-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: JK 2 door cargo liner