Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK 2 door cargo liner

Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But...if I cut out for the seat brackets - won't liquids drip onto the carpet and metal body floor pan below? Or is there a raised lip around the cutouts?

Originally Posted by icrashbikes
The Quadratec/RR liner has cutouts for the seat. That way you have both in at the same time.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lanslide
But...if I cut out for the seat brackets - won't liquids drip onto the carpet and metal body floor pan below? Or is there a raised lip around the cutouts?
There is a raised lip around each cutout. You remote the seat once and it gives you full coverage if the seat is down, folded up, or out. I have the quadratec.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks...The back seat seems like a beast to remove. How is it removed?
Originally Posted by AirJordan613
There is a raised lip around each cutout. You remote the seat once and it gives you full coverage if the seat is down, folded up, or out. I have the quadratec.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you very much!

The Husky liner is exactly what I am looking for. I recently removed my rear seat, and put it in storage, with no intention of using it again.

I called Quadratec and spoke with a cust service guy. He said they did not have a product which would cover the entire floor area when the rear seat was permanently removed.

But after reading your response, I checked with their website, and sure enough, there it is.

Maybe I should have checked these Forums first!

The second product listed above (The Quadratec mat) will only extend to the rear of the rear seat.

Thanks again,
Joe

Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lanslide
Thanks...The back seat seems like a beast to remove. How is it removed?

It IS a beast to remove if you have the rear subwoofer . . .

Somewhere on these Forums I recall someone else posting about this. *lol* The rear seat weighs ~70 pounds, and his post said that you need to remove the subwoofer first. At my age and physical condition I found I wasn't strong enough to wrestle it out. If you take your top off, you could undo the rear seat and lift it out, I guess.

I wound up going to my dealer and paying ~$50 to have them remove it. (They claimed they DID have to remove the subwoofer first). They pulled it out, folded it, and then laid it back in lengthwise. When I got home I got a friend to help me carry it into my shed.

I am so glad I did this. To me, it was definitely worth the money! That rear seat is a real joke. It's way too small and difficult to get into (except for small children, perhaps). There's much more room in the rear now, and if I'm not carrying anything, I'm also not lugging around 70 pounds of useless weight!

All best, Joe
Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

50 bucks!!!!!!!! you need to kick them in the face. Ive taken mine out a bunch and i have the rear sub. i just angle the seat and pull it right out. Man i hate they charged you for something that takes less than a minute.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WinterChill
50 bucks!!!!!!!! you need to kick them in the face. Ive taken mine out a bunch and i have the rear sub. i just angle the seat and pull it right out. Man i hate they charged you for something that takes less than a minute.
Hi

I agree, it is very easy to take out even with the subwoofer. The manual states that You have to remove the sub, that is so crazy and not nedded at all.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Omar Brannstrom

Hi

I agree, it is very easy to take out even with the subwoofer. The manual states that You have to remove the sub, that is so crazy and not nedded at all.
X2 I removed mine with the sub installed many times. I can see where it might be to heavy for some poeple especially if your doing by yourself. But the dealership could have done that for free. It not like it took any time or effort for them to do.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Well, I just got my "Husky" rear cargo liner from Quadratec . . . ($99.98)

I cut it to fit around my sub-woofer, and it DOES fit (and looks) GREAT without the rear seat!

BUT . . . it slips and slides around all over the place . . .

It is too slick and slippery, and it does not have any of those little "nubs" which would help to hold it in place on the carpeting.

I already had the "Weathertech" cargo liner (one size fits all) cut to roughly fit the rear cargo area (with the rear seat "folded and tumbled") and I cut it back a little bit more around the edges to place the "Husky" liner over it. The Weathertech liner keeps the Husky liner from sliding around, but now it's all so bulky looking and unattractive that I am very unhappy!

I am NOT at all happy with wasting ANOTHER $100 on my Jeep . . . with no satisfaction.

I hate to be a bag, and don't want to "trash" Husky's product, but I want to be honest and share what I learned with my fellow Jeep owners on these Forums. Hopefully, I can save someone else from wasting their money as well:

The Weathertech product is MORE than twice as thick as Husky's, but it does NOT fit the rear of our JK's. You have to cut it here and there to approximate a fit. It does have a "rubbery" feeling and does NOT move around at all. You can stack cargo of top of it and it doesn't move at all. I am planning on making many camping expeditions, with 100+ pounds of cargo, and I now know my plans sadly won't work with the "Husky" cargo liner . . .

The Husky cargo liner fits GREAT, but it is not thick enough, or "rubbery" enough to hold cargo (or even itself) from sliding around . . .

Now, it looks as if I have to order yet ANOTHER "Weathertech" rear cargo mat, but this time time, cut it LARGER (since my rear seat has been removed).

More money . . . more time wasted . . . . .

Sorry, Husky . . . .

Hope this helps somebody out there . . .

All best, Joe
Old 05-03-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone found an alternative to the 2-door rear mat. I will be taking my seats out and want a nice thick rubber mat like the Mopar Slush Mats I have up front. So far the quadratec and husky liners look thin, and slip around from what I have read. I also dislike how the high lip round the edge is thin and warps. The one from Mopar is also very undesirable as it is very similar to the previous two mats mentioned. Is there something else?

Quick Reply: JK 2 door cargo liner