Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Zone and National Invoice Charges

Old 08-31-2007, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Zone and National Invoice Charges

As per Jeepwarehouse.com , an added cost of $495.....so what's it for?
It's not on the sticker, so how can it be part of the invoice price?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmerc
As per Jeepwarehouse.com , an added cost of $495.....so what's it for?
It's not on the sticker, so how can it be part of the invoice price?
Invoice prices and MSRP (Sticker) Prices are two completely different things. The Invoice price is what the dealer pays. It has it's own individually itemized costs that add up to the Total Invoice Price charged to the Dealer. The MSRP is the individually itemized retail prices that add up to the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price that is charged to the Customer.

By law, anything added to the retail price of the Vehicle being sold must also be included in the MSRP itemization, or be shown on an ADM (Additional Dealer Mark-up) sticker. This has NOTHING to do with the itemized Invoice charges, as they do not appear on the MSRP. The Regional Zone Fees and other charges vary depending on region, that's why you don't see them listed by internet invoice providers such as KBB or Edmunds (although Edmunds does tell you that they are there). The only reason you're being made aware of them, is because you're being sold a vehicle based on the Invoice price plus $495.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you're talking about the mandatory destination fee.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, now, if using a supplier discount, should those charges still be included? I had to pay about $600 MORE for my X than the dc-rewards site shows on their "equip and price".

And, isn't the destination charge of $660 enough? Why tack on another $495. Jeesh, I only live an hour from the plant. The dealer showed me the invoice, with PP price...again, $600 more than dc-rewards, and I've got a feeling that the invoice gets "messed with" at the dealer level. If they're gonna' sell at 1% under invoice, DO IT!!

They screwed me outta' my fog lamps and hooks, so this is really bugging me!!

BTW, this was my local dealer.....Jeep warehouse had nothing to do with it....that's just where I first saw the charge

Last edited by dmerc; 09-08-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeep Zone and National Invoice Charges