Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wrangler JKvs FJ Cruiser

Old 04-17-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon John
x2

I had an FJ with TRD options. Great on-road and fast, not so great off-road and going slow. I liked the compass/clock/inclinometer toy in the center of the dash though.

I also like (and still have) the 1/18 diecast FJ model that Toyota sent me that matched my paint and options.
Diecast ...Damn, all I had was a Sticker
Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mscedro2
Diecast ...Damn, all I had was a Sticker
Yeah, I got the sticker too...lots of fun! "I live. I ride. I cheap. Jeep."
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon John
Yeah, I got the sticker too...lots of fun! "I live. I ride. I cheap. Jeep."
Makes me want to run out and buy an FJ. NOT! Besides, I got a cool canvas cover for my owner's manual. That was back in the day when new buyers got owner's manuals.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's interesting to read the comparison, but having the tops come off the Jeep was one of the biggest selling points for me, so the FJ would've never been an option for me... ever.

Mark - they still do. My '10 came with a green canvas cover for the paper and DVD owner's manual.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan L
... Mark - they still do. My '10 came with a green canvas cover for the paper and DVD owner's manual.
Well, good for Jeep. Some folks commented on the forum that they did not receive a paper manual. Maybe Jeep decided it was better to give them the safety instructions if they expected to not be sued over them.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Makes me want to run out and buy an FJ. NOT! Besides, I got a cool canvas cover for my owner's manual. That was back in the day when new buyers got owner's manuals.

The green canvas cover is a nice touch as well. I didn't get a DVD though.

I also remember when jeep used to provide a bag of well made nylon tie down straps with metal buckles for putting the windshield down and a torx tool to remove the hard top bolts. It's within the last 3 jeeps that I bought that they started to cut back on the added goodies.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

hell i didn't even get a sticker !
Old 04-20-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted a Jeep, primarily because of the doors and top coming off. I love the fact that it's so off-road capable, but that was not the selling point for me 20 years ago when I set my eyes on one. You can't compare the two IMHO, as the FJ doesn't give you this option. Tell me an FJ owner enjoys their car as much as I do, and I'll call you a liar because of this. It's just another SUV in the sea of SUVs.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I made sure I kept those straps when I traded in my TJ. They are much nicer than the velcro ones that come with it now.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've ridden in a FJ, and it just seemed too closed in. And visibility wasn't real good, not near as good as the JK.

My uncle had a mid-70's Toyota Land Cruiser, and that thing would go anywhere! It was just like a Jeep, solid front and rear axles, locking hubs, and he had a lift kit with slightly larger tires. I remember him taking me and my cousin out through the woods and mud when we were kids. Several years ago I looked into getting one, and they are surprisingly expensive (at least for one in decent condition). Too bad Toyota didn't go back to that design when the built the FJ.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wrangler JKvs FJ Cruiser