Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

::JEEP WAVE:: Nope... Not doing it anymore!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racked up a total of three return waves so far: 2 jk; 1 tj.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

If we stop waving the terrorist win hell I wave from a scion just to get in the habit. Don't kill the dream!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Nah! BS!

Originally Posted by EzK
Surprisingly I get a lot of waves, almost all men 18-50 wave. Women and old people are the tough ones!
Total BS.
I'm not a woman, but I'm 72. Damn cute, too and I wave at most all Jeeps. Sometimes the demands of traffic prevents waving. And right on --- No one has ever waved in return. Still --- I will wave.
Thanks all -- Randy K4LJA
Old 03-08-2013, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I dunno.... I'm a car guy, always have been and for some reason I'm cursed with being able to see cars and know their year make and model for a mile away, and at night I can tell just by looking at the lights.... It's a curse, but I ALWAYS see jeeps and ALWAYS wave, even on the hiway.... 90% of the time I don't get a wave back... It's annoying and frustrating but I'll keep waving cause its fun!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 PM
KMM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
dont give up dude! dont give in to the apathy of the masses ! keep on wavin , if you convert just one non waver through your persistance you will have succeeded . if you dont .... you will rest easy knowin you didnt quit . you wavin at the jeep anyways . i am 0 for 3 today . got one straight ahead zoned out dude and two " do i f$&kin know you" stares but the jeep knows i waved
...but the jeep knows i waved
Old 03-08-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

The wave is for you as much as it is for them.

A gift is not a gift if something is expected in return.

Unhappiness is created when expectations are not met. Lose the expectations.

*rant*
Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I always wave when I see/notice a jeep. My daughter just got her first jeep a 97 tj. I don't know if I should have her waiving at some people she doesn't know though. Someone might take it the wrong way. Thinking. You would hope a true jeeper would never be one of those type of people to hurt another. But you never know.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a motorcycle until I bought my Jeep, so acknowledging another biker was always the norm. My dealer never mentioned the wave when my wife and I picked up the Jeep. On the way home we got 3 or 4 waves and after each one, we just looked at each other with this perplexed look, wondering if we knew them not even realizing that they were in Jeeps. That evening we stopped at a buddies place and he is a Jeeper. We mentioned that we bought a Jeep and the first thing he says to us is "You know about the wave, right!!" Needless to say, we busted up laughing!! We wave all the time and fortunately we get quite a bit of waves back.

We were down in LBI for 4 days and my wife was getting pissed because nobody waved back. I had my had in their face and they would have the same look we had when we bought the Jeep. By the 4th day, we got a few waves back from the same ones that we would see daily. They were starting to get it

Don't give up!!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one told me and my wife about the wave when we picked up our two jkus. I was drive my normal beat when a gal in a jk waved and not 3 cars later a to waved and I had the same thought what are these people doing my brother who was sitting next to me who has owned several jeeps told me about the wave and now I try to do it to every wrangler I see I won't be giving it up any time soon
Old 03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wave?

Saw 6-JK's 1-TJ and 1-Old CJ all on a two-lane the other day. Waved at all of them and not one returned! Coloradans apparently aren't in the waving mood. That is except for the CJ driver - think he was so old he couldn't see me. I will continue to wave though.

Quick Reply: ::JEEP WAVE:: Nope... Not doing it anymore!