Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Jeep Wave
Hell yeah!
89.47%
Only when I feel like it
7.89%
Uh, no thanks
2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep Wave - Cool or Fool?

Old 05-11-2016, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr72

You used the wrong 'too'.

On the one hand I am finding that my initial impression that most Wrangler owners are colossal jerks is not true; it's just a minority. On the other hand, it is a vocal minority.
I'll second that. Most want to be helpful. The other group makes me want to sell my Jeep. Kinda the same as when I drove a Mustang. That small group of owners made me embarrassed that I drove one.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All in all I think it's fun
Old 05-11-2016, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutman
I'll second that. Most want to be helpful. The other group makes me want to sell my Jeep. Kinda the same as when I drove a Mustang. That small group of owners made me embarrassed that I drove one.
I can see that. And the truth is that non-Mustang folks have this stereotype about Mustang owners that is created and reinforced by this small, vocal group of owners. The same is true with the Jeep folks. But I actually think there's a sliding scale where a surprisingly large number of members of this forum would find themselves in the wrong group if we took a survey. The weird clique selection and misguided superiority complex permeates the majority of discussions on this forum. Surprising it took four pages for it to pop up on the "Jeep Wave" thread.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:52 AM
JK Super Freak

It's because we know those guys won't find us here on another stupid "Jeep wave" thread. They're too busy trolling for "which lift and tires" threads, looking for rookies to flame for not reading the stickies first. ; )
Old 05-11-2016, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cutman
It's because we know those guys won't find us here on another stupid "Jeep wave" thread. They're too busy trolling for "which lift and tires" threads, looking for rookies to flame for not reading the stickies first. ; )
HA! I FOUND YOU! lol I couldn't resist!

Sent from my iPhone using MAGIC
Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

I usually initiate the wave of I am driving in a lane closest to the other jeep. So say if I am driving in the far left lane, and an oncoming jeep is in the middle, I will not wave unless waved to. I have also noticed that most stock jks don't wave out of most likely not knowing. But I also have noticed that the possibility of a wave increases the more modifications on the jeep. Just my take on it I personally like the wave because it shows a sense of community and friendliness to a fellow jeep driver which I think is really cool.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heycody
The infamous unspoken Jeep wave tradition.

Do you support it, only wave when others wave or just ignore it completely?
Why?
Ignore because it's gay like donor cycle riders
Old 05-14-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

It's only foolish if you wave at a Jeep while you're driving your wife's Hyundai. Like I just did.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
There are to many Wranglers, so my rule is that I don't initiate the wave to a lesser Wrangler. If yours is obviously less lift, smaller tires, plastic bumpers.... it is obviously your place in the world to acknowledge my much improved Wrangler. In the same breath, if a much improved Wrangler is coming at me, I will initiate the wave out of respect for his superiority over me. I return all waves that I notice, but I may not notice jeeps with little tires and plastic bumpers, they blend in with the Civics and Cobalts.....
I like your reasoning....
Old 05-14-2016, 03:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larry0071
There are to many Wranglers, so my rule is that I don't initiate the wave to a lesser Wrangler. If yours is obviously less lift, smaller tires, plastic bumpers.... it is obviously your place in the world to acknowledge my much improved Wrangler. In the same breath, if a much improved Wrangler is coming at me, I will initiate the wave out of respect for his superiority over me. I return all waves that I notice, but I may not notice jeeps with little tires and plastic bumpers, they blend in with the Civics and Cobalts.....
Personally I think you'd be better off driving a BMW, Benz or the like that way you can really turn you nose up to all the lesser folk.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave - Cool or Fool?