Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Jeep Wave
Hell yeah!
89.47%
Only when I feel like it
7.89%
Uh, no thanks
2.63%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Jeep Wave - Cool or Fool?

Old 02-10-2016, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamsamrogers
I recently heard from a Lifted WK owner that waves at all jeeps like i do in my JK that he thinks that Us JK owners seem to think we're better than all other jeeps, including CJ's YJ's TJ's And LJ's. Which i don't think is true, but whats your thoughts on this matter?
I think it's a combination of things. When I think back to even the TJ era of Wranglers, I feel there were just far fewer of them on the road.

With the JK and its four door option, the Wrangler got easier on passengers and a viable option for far more people and families.

With that proliferation, lots more (and new) people got into a Wrangler that would have never considered it before. They didn't know the culture and many didn't adopt it. And so many came at once that the culture shifted too rapidly for many to have had a chance to adopt it.

So it's not so much that JK drivers think they're better, but more that they're a new group of Wrangler drivers that changed the dynamic of Jeep culture.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 if you also flip off prius's lol
Old 02-10-2016, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crawldad
+1 if you also flip off prius's lol
Our Jeeps have more fuel to burn thanks to those stupid Prius's!! Haha

O||||||O
Old 02-11-2016, 02:31 AM
JK Newbie

I recently heard from a Lifted WK owner that waves at all jeeps like i do in my JK that he thinks that Us JK owners seem to think we're better than all other jeeps, including CJ's YJ's TJ's And LJ's. Which i don't think is true, but whats your thoughts on this matter?
hm, i wouldn't say that applies to me. my first Jeep was a 97 TJ and I was wave happy in there just as much as I enjoy it in my JKU now. im on a military base right now so i see the whole spectrum of jeeps, i've feel the CJ YJ and TJ owners wave more often than the JKs though. around here i think it's just people that just bought their JK and don't really know about the wave or care for it
Old 02-11-2016, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

I suspect my brain is wired such that to me, a Jeep wave is actually more like a "Wrangler wave". No offense.

Would a Mustang driver wave at a Taurus? They're both Fords. Should I wave at the Abarth 500s? We're both Fiats . And even both convertibles!

Dunno.

Sounds snobbish I'm sure and I don't mean it that way, but that's my perception.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc5339
I even wave at FJ40 drivers, though they generally never wave back.
Just think, they may think that you think they are driving a jeep.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OSkullivan
I suspect my brain is wired such that to me, a Jeep wave is actually more like a "Wrangler wave". No offense. Would a Mustang driver wave at a Taurus? They're both Fords. Should I wave at the Abarth 500s? We're both Fiats . And even both convertibles! Dunno. Sounds snobbish I'm sure and I don't mean it that way, but that's my perception.
I just bought my jk last year and up until reading this I thought it was only a wrangler wave. Here in southwest Michigan I only gets waves from other wranglers and I myself only wave to wranglers. I didn't know some people wave to all jeeps...that's a lot of waving!!

The wrangler drivers around here are pretty good, I'd say about 75% of the time 👍
Old 02-19-2016, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

I've had a JKU for about 2 years, it had been 15 years since I owned my last Wrangler YJ and I was overdue. Needless to say I had completely forgotten about the Jeep Wave over that time so when I got my first wave in the JKU it was a refreshing reminder of "jeep brotherhood".

A few weeks ago, while teaching my daughter to drive, she got her first Jeep wave. She didn't immediately wave back so I did. I told her in the future, if she wants to be part of the Jeep club she needs to wave to passing jeeps. While she is still getting the hang of driving she does wave to passing jeeps, even though she thinks it's weird.

The bad part of teaching her to drive on the jeep, she will never want to drive my wife's minivan and she has told me more times than I can count that she would love a white Jeep.
Old 02-20-2016, 01:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Post a thread about something rather common, such as oil preferance, watch the thread degrade into a mudslinging shit show, then get back to this topic.
Old 02-20-2016, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wave at the Jeep-not the driver. That way I don't get my feelings hurt when they don't wave back.

This includes:

ANY Wrangler or CJ
ANY model of modified Jeep
ANY classic Jeep
ANY(except blinged out bro-trucks) brand or model of off-road modified vehicle. These will be the guys (or gals) on the trail or the side of the road that will stop and lend a hand when you need it.(Yes even the late model FJ's) We have this in the motorcycle world. Crotch rocket guys and Chopper guys will lend a hand even though they are from two totally different groups of bikers.

After waving at or seeing a Jeep parked somewhere, I also calculate their lift and tire size, make note of the brand and model of their aftermarket parts, and try to guess what year and model it is before they disappear from my rear-view. It's a sickness for real. I just love jeeps.

Last edited by LidLess07X; 02-20-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave - Cool or Fool?