Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wave is alive and well on the NYS Thruway!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Wave is alive and well on the NYS Thruway!

Last month I drove across NY from the Buffalo area to Long Island and back for my week long vacation. I had never done a long drive in the Wrangler before so it took me a little while to settle in and relax. On the way down it was rainy and I don't think I saw a single Wrangler.

Heading home it was 15 degrees warmer and the weather was beautiful. After I got past NYC and the bumper to bumper traffic on the Cross Bronx things were moving along nicely. Shortly before Albany I saw an older Wrangler headed the opposite direction and threw a wave which was returned. A little before Syracuse some kid driving another older lifted Wrangler with the top off and no doors passed me and slowed down to throw a wave back at me which I returned. All in all I counted 11 Wranglers along the way, 2 of which were JK's, and got 9 waves. Not bad considering I'm about 1 for 7 in my area.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

i got my jk two weeks ago. i kept passing people and they were waving at me. my wife asked who they are. i didn't know that when i bought my jeep i was instantly gaining friends. i now wave at all wranglers and feel snubbed if i get no wave back. its usaully girls that don't wave back.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I only get a wave from people for the most part that have done improvements to their jk's like a lift tires no doors so on and so forth. Other than that everyone else just goes on with their own bussiness.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

its easy to tell the mall krawlers from the dedicated Jeepers....

those of us in the know

those who dont

keep on waving!!!!!

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave is alive and well on the NYS Thruway!