Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave

Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I wave to ALL -

Whether they be CJs to TJs, I wave, b/c I wanna see if they are "In Tune" so-to-speak! But, I especially try to make sure that Every Woman in a JK sees " A Wave-n-a-Smile. "

Hell, I even wave at the old farts driving the J-20 & Wagoneers in my area. They wave back. (....like I said, b/c they're old and have probably been doin' it for 40+ years!!)

Hey Htweelz: Damn, I think are wives' are TWINS!! Mine never looks around either and sayz nearly the same damn thing -- {> " I said, suppose someone was trying to tell you your truck was on fire or you had a flat. She said "I dunno. I never look."} "

Last edited by KY HILTOPR; 04-23-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

Evan the YJ's with the square lights? just seems weird to me , No I wave to anyone in a jeep, wave seems to be alive and well in the military community.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
I have a JKU, and the other JK's don't wave at me in my town
Its ok JKU. I know where you live and its ok. Soccer moms DONT wave back
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Passed about six today and waved at all. Most waved back, but a few didn't. Strangely, I'm unaffected by this.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

I hardly ever get a return wave from JK people, the CJ folks are keeping it going for sure. I just remember being a kid in my uncle's CJ and asking him how he knew everyone in a Jeep. His answer was that Jeep people were more friendly than most people.

I'll keep waving and looking like an idiot when they don't return the wave, I guess.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

About 90% of the Wranglers I give a wave to wave back. Although probably some of those have no idea why I am waving, they just wave back anyway. I have seen a few decked out (lifted, big tires) older Wranglers who would not wave. I figure its because I am stock and driving a Jk, not a "real" Jeep.

I will keep right on waving anyway.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-26-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

I wave to all others cause their jeeps are nt as cool as mine. lol
Old 06-26-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I wave constantly

my GF asks why I keep waving when half the peeps dont return my wave...I just tell her cuz it is the RIGHT thing to do...
Old 06-26-2011, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wave but many don't wave back. Most who probably think they drive the best looking jeep on earth
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Smile The first drive I took in my new JK, all three of the Jeeps I met waved.

Probably 90% of the Jeep owers (CJ, YJ, TJ, JK, etc.) here on PEI will wave at a fellow Jeeper. I don't have any of my mods on yet, but still everyone is willing to wave. Today when I came out of a store, there was a JKU parked next to my 2-door. The Jeep comraderie is alive and doing just fine on PEI, Canada!

I've got a co-worker who bought a JK a couple of months before me and when I mentioned the wave, he kinda got a far-away look and said that he wondered why all those people were waving at him! He hadn't put it together till I explained it to him. I think that is what's up with a lot of the crowd that don't wave.

If you've ever owned a motorcycle, you will probably not be too surprised by that first wave. If you haven't, it might take a while to sink in!

Quick Reply: The jeep wave