Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave

Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
I found out about the "Jeep Wave" prior to getting my first Jeep. That knowledge came in very handy.

I'll never forget my first "incoming" jeep wave. I'm tooling around town with my wife when a TJ minus its top and doors approaches. It was full of rather attractive teenage girls wearing shorts and skimpy tops. The blonde driving was smiling and waving at me so wildly when she passed that I thought she was going to fall out of the jeep !!!

I waved back at these young hotties and then looked over at my wife, who after witnessing this was looking at me rather strangely. She was puzzled, wondering why these young girls would be waving at her forty-something husband. I told her it was called the "jeep wave". Not sure she bought it. Later that same day she witnessed several other jeeps wave at me...whew!! That was close... LOL
Now THAT would make a great advert. Sadly, my wife only notices when the Jeeps full of girls wave to me, when it is a bunch of dudes, she doesn't see it at all.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll wave to any Jeep with doors that can come off, and any other Jeep that is modded. I also wave to Liberty's, but I do it ironically.

Hell, I even wave to non Jeep vehicles that are modded for off road use. Why the hell not? Are we not all cut from the same cloth? Are we not human, if you make us bleed, do we not call you a prick?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by finnd1
Now THAT would make a great advert. Sadly, my wife only notices when the Jeeps full of girls wave to me, when it is a bunch of dudes, she doesn't see it at all.
Oh she sees it, trust me
Old 04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

the jeeps that don't wave are mostly stock. no bumpers, no lift, stock wheels etc.

that goes for all models... i even live in a college town, so you would think nearly everyone would know about the wave.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smizar
Why don't you 4 door guys ever wave at us 2 door guy?
Just askin....
stop whining.... geez here i have a 4 door
Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to wave to all wranglers and CJ's, just don't get that many back. Now when I take my YJ out I always get waves in return, I think there is a little 4dr envy going on in the community (not so much among JK'rs but definitely TJ's)

Just my experience

Pat
Proud JKU owner
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

i live near philly and always wave, 90% of the time i get a wave back, east coast seems good to me
Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wave at 'em all and get a lot back. I'm not modded at all and I'm not always the first to wave. However I get strange looks when I'm in my F-150 and I wave at a Jeep out of habit since I drive the Jeep more than my truck.

I also have Mustangs and do a Mustang wave. Some do wave back but most don't. But there are people that if they drive a Cobra they won't wave at a GT and if they drive a GT they won't wave at a V6. I have a GT and wave to 'em all in no matter what year or mods.

I think the enthusiasts that are into the vehicles notice them more and wave back more than the person that really isn't into vehicles.

Some people just don't look at other cars. I drove down a four lane road right next to my wife honking at her and she never looked over. Finally I went in front of her and got in front of her and she waved at me. We got home and I said didn't you hear me...she said Yes but I never look. I said suppose someone was trying to tell you your truck was on fire or you had a flat. She said "I dunno. I never look."
Old 04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jk37
I had a TJ wave the other day. Seems like more Jeep owners used to wave then now. Maybe Jeep should show owners waving at each other in their ads.
good idea...put it in an ad...it could go viral...

got my first wave last week...nice...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

I have a 4Door an wave to 2door all the time.

Quick Reply: The jeep wave