Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave

Old 04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKUnlimitedX
I wave to all Wranglers. I can't make them wave back.
Same here, I wave at all Wranglers. Maybe after these non-wavers see 50-60 Jeep drivers wave at them when theyr'e driving their jeep, they will figure it out.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scamp_71
I'll wave this afternoon from I-94 as I head back East.
ill wave back
Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

waved at a few today as I wave at ALL wranglers and sadly the soccer mom types and the old people seem to not know wtf I'm doing... Other than those never had any issues.

BTW :
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_Thrash
I wasnt told about the wave, I just assumed after the first 2 or 3 recognized me and it was coincidence we were driving the same Jeep, then when I found out, I thought it was such a joke, the first thing that I said was "thats f*cking g*y".

by all means though if you wanna wave like we're in some secret club go ahead.

But hey, I'll make it up to all of you and give you my one and only wave, so dont b*tch next time I dont wave cause I just did.
Damn I wish I was as cool as you!!!! My hero!!! If you can't wave more then once .... I don't want your first one!!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

I dont really understand your frustration, its just my opinion. If you wanna wave go ahead, and if you want to assume that everyone that doesnt wave at you hates you or somehow thinks the same thing I do, well sorry for scarring your feelings dude.
I'm just saying if it's not in you to wave don't!! It sounded as if your first wave was insincere.
This world has enough negativity in it already...., the jeep wave is a nice thing not gay.... It's special as is driving a jeep.
I'd rather spread a wave then like you see too often in this world someone WAVING a gun.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

I got my first jeep (4d) about 3 months ago. I found out about "the wave" by an iPhone app that talks about it and who is suppose to wave to who. It has like lvls and stuff.
Have any of you seen that app?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Ok first, sorry my original post was harsh. I still find it slightly odd to wave like we're in a club or something. I do wave occassionally but its mainly because a lot of people on base that I work with drive Jeeps and I'd rather not start some weird JK drama at work. Secondly, I can understand the world negativity thing, but jesus man, how many guns do you see waving around in Kitchner? lol.. ontario..most I've seen was people bitching as they're txting on there phones.. go figure.
Yes I must admit I live in a great city, province and country... Where most jeepers wave too lol.

Just keep waving.... It may not do anything for you .... BUT you may have just made another jeepers day.... or made them smile anyways..... alright take care bud....
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

The amount of "Why don't other Jeeps wave at me?" threads here must be eating up some serious bandwidth.

I had no idea about "the wave" when I bought mine. But I immediately assumed that since the Wrangler is a rare and specific vehicle that most drivers did so. So I wave. But I see it like this. I have tons of friends and customers who ride Harleys. Obviously, they have their own wave. But I highly doubt that they get upset or feel slighted if they don't get one back. And you never know. Just because someone doesn't wave at you doesn't mean they don't know about the wave. Maybe they had their attention focused on traffic, their radio or phone, or the person who might happen to be with them. They may have never seen you.

Truth be told, who cares? I wave at Wranglers. If they don't wave back, oh well. I have more important things to worry about than if someone else, who I don't even know, waved at me that day.

My $.02...
Old 04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

I always wave at all Wranglers. 90%+ wave back.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wave at all CJs and wranglers, almost everyone waves except the 4 doors.. Oh well.

Quick Reply: The jeep wave