Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jeep wave

Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep wave

alright, well i finally got a jeep, since i have been wanting one since i was a little kid. ive had my JK for almost a month now, and i gotta say, i've given at least 10 jeep waves and not been returned ONE!! what is this jeep wave you speak of? must've gone extinct. do people know what they are driving?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Forum.

You'll find some just don't know.

But alot are probably too busy with something else to even pay attention to their surroundings to know you just passed them.

Even though alot don't wave at me, I just keep on waving and maybe slowly I'll get some to remember to do it.

My 6 year old is the "King of Jeep Look-out People." He is constantly picking out Jeeps I didn't even see and he'll yell, "Jeep" then we both wave. Makes it even more fun.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wave

It's not just you. I wave at people all the time, and don't get a return wave.

Yesterday, while leaving work I saw a Jeep coming down the highway while I was waiting for opportunity to merge with traffic. It was a nice looking Jeep Green JK Unlimited with a lift, tire & wheel upgrade, roof rack and other goodies. Then I realize the guy is waiving at me, and by the time I noticed he was already past. Oops.

Some people don't know to wave. The others are to awe struck by your rig to wave back.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 40ozSkunk
alright, well i finally got a jeep, since i have been wanting one since i was a little kid. ive had my JK for almost a month now, and i gotta say, i've given at least 10 jeep waves and not been returned ONE!! what is this jeep wave you speak of? must've gone extinct. do people know what they are driving?
Alright, that's it. I've got to drive to Georgia next week and I ain't driving through Louisiana if they ain't gonna be friendly-like! Come on up to Oklahoma--there are some who don't wave, but most do. And here's one for you right now ...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

about 8 years ago when i had a YJ, people would wave uncontrollably. they'd wave in situations when i'd least expect it.

now with the JK, it's all but dried up.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Hey welcome to the forum!
I wave at every Jeep I see. Around where I live, I mostly get waves from older Jeeps; TJ's, YJ's, and the occasional CJ. Of all my waves, I may be only get 60% return waves. Again, mostly from older Jeeps.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

A big wave to you for joining the Forum, When you get a wave back you know you saw a real jeeper
Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

On a side note, it probably would be too difficult to text and wave at the same time.

So to all you texting Jeepers out there, stop texting and put down the phone. It only takes one hand to wave.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Depends where you live. In my city, no wave, NOTHING !
Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

I have noticed that here in Central Mississippi that I get a few Jeep waves. Almost all modded TJ YJ JK Jeeps wave, fewer of non-modded older Jeeps and almost none non-modded JK's, mostly soccer moms that dont know what it means to own a JEEP.

Quick Reply: jeep wave