Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep vs fj cruiser

Old 05-31-2013, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
You mean the Porta John styling isn't appealing to you??

Your at that park. You come back to your FJ to find a steaming pile of poop in the back seat..... Someone mistook your FJ for a porta pottie.

Being serious it's a formidable 4x4 compaired to a Jeep. I would wheel with one
Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister drives an FJ... 'nuff said.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
My dads old cherokee has over 320k on original engine, clutch, brakes everthing but the water pump is original. Except the rubicon express 3.5 inch lift and 31 inch bfg km1 I got him for Christmas
This is absolutely true. The Jeep 4.0s were strong and long lasting. I've had two go well over 250,000 and still had torque to pull a JetSki trailer. The only Toyota I've ever owned was a Celica.... it was okay.

Another plus of a Jeep over an FJ..... roofless and doorless.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterjeep07
I just wanted to say that I am so fed up with everybody hating on the Fj cruiser, It is a very off-road capable vehicle. I have been on the trail with my buddies bone stock fj and It tackled everything a stock jeep can do. I know that it doesn't have a solid axle but it sure makes up in reliability, something jeep should take a lesson in! I also had one beat me in a drag race through nasty mud. I think if you can't embrace some one that is into the off road sport no matter what they drive than you only bought a jeep to conform Image. Jeeps are cheaper to build up, but I think that if after market fj parts were affordable like jeep stuff, than it would be a pretty even match. My buddy has beat the crap out of his and not even one squeak... My jeep squeaked off the show room floor.
Curious where you are seeing "everybody hating on the FJ" on this forum. Unless, of course, someone starts such controversy by creating a thread in a JK forum. Otherwise, I doubt many people here spend much time or effort thinking about the FJ at all.

I am sure the FJ wheels fine, but personally I do not care for the FJ body style or the limited mod options compared to the huge aftermarket support for the Wrangler.

Other than that, who cares what people drive or wheel.

Edit:

Originally Posted by Monsterjeep07
sorry my fj buddy who is jealous of jeeps got on my account jeeps rule fj sucks
Nevermind. Did they take the delete post away or am I just not finding it?

Last edited by Yankee; 05-31-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by idiotec
Just to be fair that doesn't show what makes a jeep a jeep. One of the jeeps biggest advantages is articulation and one of the big rubi things are front and rear lockers. Mud and shit won't show those differences. Hit the rocks and the jeep will out perform and FJ (apples to apples).
O yes I know these things but here in jersey there's a lot of sand, mud, deep water, and hardly any rocks..... And the FJ does come with a factory rear e locker just like the TRD Tacoma and Tundra.... I currently own a rubi Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1370019652550.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	463282And wouldn't trade it for the world! I was just adding my personal experience since I've owned one before and absolutely loved it!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

http://youtu.be/HfGtMSXxlGI well i must say if you still want a fj be my guest but think id even take the maxima off road before i took the fj
Old 05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's funny. But was the FJ in 4wd? This is pretty sad if it was.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

I was trying to figure out the same thing but hard to tell watching on my phone.

Not sure how this says anything about its off road ability
Old 05-31-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Best of Both Worlds Here, I own Both a 2013 JK, and a 2013 FJ. I Like the Jeep Better, just say'n
Old 05-31-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
That's funny. But was the FJ in 4wd? This is pretty sad if it was.
Their factory full time 4wd....and yes that was pretty sad

Quick Reply: Jeep vs fj cruiser