Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep v-8

Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep v-8

Let's stop the insanity if jeep would manufacture a "real" jeep with a hemi or good v-8 I would be first in line to trade in this dog they gave birth to.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldnt necessarily say a larger engine would make the JK a "real" Jeep, but it would be nice to have that extra power. I know a lot of people traded in for the 12s bc of the new engine/transmission, if they started selling them with a hemi i bet sales would go through the roof
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for a v8 wrangler
Old 02-22-2012, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I would definately take the loss in equity for a V8. No doubt about it. V8 2013 Rubicon JKU....ARFFF ARFFF ARFF!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This topic comes up every few months.

Fore and aft, a V-8 is a tight fit in a JK. Even if they could sell enough of them to make it worthwhile, I am afraid they would have to stretch out/change the design of the Wrangler a fair amount. I do not see how they would ever meet any kind of front end crash rating otherwise.

Plus I think 400 HP + 4-lo X careless wheeling = lots (more) warranty problems for Chrysler on the stock drive train. And beefing the drivetrain to match the HP would put the price up there.

They probably did the best could that made financial and design sense with the Pentastar. It will be interesting to see what performance mods come out for it, and how strong it is put together.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I honestly think the best, easiest solution would be to offer a crd in USA...no new engine, no redesigning.just allow us to have one! I know its more to due with our emissions laws but still...it gets great millage, great power, it's reliable, and has great torque for off road.

Edit...I also want to say I don't know the exact reasoning or laws behind why I can't get one here in new York...i thought it was all of the US, but it might just be my state. I just know they are out there and I'm mad because I can't get one.

Last edited by efan450; 02-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Jeep v-8