Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep underside

Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep underside

I have some rust and a lot of areas under my jeep and axels diff covers that would look better with some fresh paint. Has any body done this?
Any pics or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Junkie

[QUOTE="croutt;3878341"]I have some rust and a lot of areas under my jeep and axels diff covers that would look better with some fresh paint. Has any body done this? Any pics or tips would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

I put a coat of black rust preventative spray under there every couple months, just stay away from the brakes and other parts you don't want painted
Old 04-03-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just get some ospho and spray all the rust to neutralize it. Afterwards just scrape with a wire brush and spray the areas. That's what I'm doing to my undercarriage from all the road salt
Old 04-04-2014, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Living in the NE, it's become a ritual to completely go over each inch of my frame and undercarriage before every winter and then again in spring. I use a combination of POR-15 (if you ever owned a CJ, this product along with PB Blaster, Bondo, and duct tape are required to keep it alive) and high temp paints.

I've painted my diff covers red using high temp paint, plus my exhaust system gets a fresh coat of black paint too.

As my father, a former Marine always says: "Take care of your gear, and your gear will take care of you."

Quick Reply: Jeep underside