Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep for tundra

Old 01-07-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
One thing I was surprised me about the JKU is that there are no heating vents in the rear.
I don't think most trucks have them either unless you opt for the higher end models.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

I actually had an 07 Tundra before my 10 Jeep. I loved my Tundra. It was actually my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. The only reason I got rid of it is because I was in an accident that bent my frame and totaled it out. I would have got another one, but for whatever reason I got a Jeep itch again. At times I still miss having a Tundra, but the 4-door Jeep has been amazing.

If you go with the Tundra, unless you need the full bed, go with the Crew Max. You'll appreciate it with the new born and even more so when they're in convertible car seats.

My infant car seat touched the seat when I was driving and when she was in a convertible seat, she could kick the seat pretty easily.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

One thing I was surprised me about the JKU is that there are no heating vents in the rear.
I offen sit in the backseat, and it gets cold there in the wintertime. If You are the driver You would not understand because You get the heat, but the heat do not so easy reach in the back. If I am the driver I put away my jacket and crank the heat up so little will reach the back. I have blankets for the people in the rear seat, and I offen use it myself.
It has not yet been a hard winter here were I live, but I have bought a cheap 12v heater that I have not yet tried, and I have it under the rear seat and it is very small.

It is really a small problem, we can always complain why dont Wrangler have this or that but everything will make the Wrangler more expensive. The Landrover Discovery 4 have more comfy stuff but cost at least 2 times a Wrangler and I could not afford it.

Similar to this

I am probably one of the Wrangler owner that have the most experience when sitting in the back seat, when we are out taking photos of birds and use the Wrangler as a portable photoblind we offen change driver.

A truck would be nice if it has more space inside, but a truck with a open bed is not for me, because I can not reach stuff from the inside, here in the wintertime everything will be wet and frozen in the back, clothes, water, food, electronics etc. And I want to be abile to sleep in the vehicle, it is for me a safety thing, and it will be heated.

My wrangler

Wathing a movie with a buddy in the rear

Old 01-08-2015, 01:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a Tacoma. They are fairly off road capable, especially if you do some tire swaps. They come in a double cab (fit my kids car seat perfectly) and they come in short beds or long beds (I had double cab long bed. It was a long truck!)

Lots of people get the short beds for more offroad capabilities. I wanted the 6' truck bed cause...well.....its a TRUCK!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mook8651
I don't think most trucks have them either unless you opt for the higher end models.
I don't what you mean by higher end models. It's not like it is an option one could add or remove.
I have only owned compact and mid size truck. All the 4 doors I owned had vents for rear passengers.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

I don't what you mean by higher end models. It's not like it is an option one could add or remove. I have only owned compact and mid size truck. All the 4 doors I owned had vents for rear passengers.
Go to any site and build your vehicle. They have different levels of trims usually the higher (most expensive) models will have rear seat climate control or there's a package with that options
Old 01-10-2015, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Well guys a gals I got rid of the jk today. It's was a very hard decision but the better one for me. I def be back in a jeep again just don't know when. I'll still be browsing this forum

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1992338524.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	591418

Here's what I got. It's a rock warrior so nice truck for my wife me and soon to be baby
Old 01-11-2015, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's us know in a month how you feel about your decision.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RubiKing
Let's us know in a month how you feel about your decision.
Well clocked about 2k miles on the truck and used it more than a handful of times and I can say I'm happy with it. It's def not the jeep but I can say it makes life easier when you don't have to wait and borrow others things to get work done for yourself. Also having the extra room for the lil girl on the way will be much needed.

I def see me getting another jeep but as a toy more then a DD but that will be a few years down the road. I will keep posting on here and looking at threads to keep in the loops.

Jeep on guys and gals.

Quick Reply: Jeep for tundra