Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Service is a JOKE!

Old 10-29-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Dealer I bought mine from in July, is 30 miles away. My Local Dealer, 2 miles away, didn't have the Detonator Yellow available, and couldn't get their hands on one.

I had to go to the Dealer I bought it from a couple of times, and their Service was Ok, but not Good.

Now that I'm done with them and their "WE OWE YOU" list, I've had to take mine to the Local Dealer here twice. These folks are GREAT! I went in for the '09 Header Wind Noise TSB, and while I was at it, I had mentioned that I was getting a "CLUNK" in the Steering Wheel. They said they'd check it out.

Not only did they change out my Header for the New Improved Metal one, but they also replaced my Intermediate Steering Shaft to fix the "CLUNK"! Also, they accept the Six Free Oil Changes I got from Chrysler, at the other Dealer!

I've noticed both times I've been there, that the Service Manager wanted to see me before I left. He asked how the Service Performed was, was it returned when promised, and was the Service Rep informative and polite? I happened to ask if he does this with all Customers, and he said, YES! Ya can't beat that!

They're out there Folks, and they're hard to find, but there are still a few Great ones left!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not know how much I really trust my dealer but I gotta relate this little tale. I went to the dealership earlier this week to show them my "fix" for the steering shaft firewall flange sliding down the shaft with resultant irritating clunk. The tech was impressed with the fix (which I got off this forum).

While I was there I remembered I had ordered a part--- one of two little rubber bump stops on the inside of the glovebox. They had received the part from Mopar (under warranty)--- an entire NEW GLOVE BOX. Then the parts guy says "yeah we're gonna have to have a tech install this." Uh, you gotta be kidding....give it to me, thirty seconds later I had a NEW glovebox! This is nuts Steering parts that should never wear out but unable to repair and simple $0.01 parts which require installation of an entire $50 assembly.

I wonder, what $0.10 part would require them to replace the entire jeep under warranty?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In general, I think the quality of technical service dealers provide varies from dealer to dealer just like any other biz,
but IMO if you find a Jeep dealer that is flexible, sensible or even understanding of modifications when it comes to warranty repairs,
then you are GOLDEN.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock
Unbelievable, ONLY IN A JEEP DEALER!
Not singling you out, but that is such crap...

Quick Reply: Jeep Service is a JOKE!