Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Service is a JOKE!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Service is a JOKE!

Im sorry if this comes off as a rant, but the Jeep service dept. has to be the most pathetic thing on earth when it comes to customer service and actually returning a vehicle in a reasonable time. Ive been without my beloved now for 2 weeks. Why? A jammed cd player, and a faulty back seat! But instead of driving my jeep while parts were on order they insisted on keeping it due to the back seat being removed and wouldnt let me pick it up. I mean honest to god how long does it take? Im really starting to feel that they do this purposely, so people will not take their vehicles in. Its sad. I could only imagine if I had to have some kind of serious work done. It would take over a month!!

Sorry, Rant off.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wait. I took my Jeep in to a local paint shop to have the hood paintless repaired after a hailstorm . They insisted that they needed to keep it on their lot for a week--for a couple hours work. I told them no and still have the hail-dented hood. So, I can understand your pain. Regardless, not all dealership service departments are like you describe. Next time, try another one, if available to you.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazyhorse02
Im sorry if this comes off as a rant, but the Jeep service dept. has to be the most pathetic thing on earth when it comes to customer service and actually returning a vehicle in a reasonable time. Ive been without my beloved now for 2 weeks. Why? A jammed cd player, and a faulty back seat! But instead of driving my jeep while parts were on order they insisted on keeping it due to the back seat being removed and wouldnt let me pick it up. I mean honest to god how long does it take? Im really starting to feel that they do this purposely, so people will not take their vehicles in. Its sad. I could only imagine if I had to have some kind of serious work done. It would take over a month!!

Sorry, Rant off.
Unbelievable, ONLY IN A JEEP DEALER!

I understand how you feel, but consider the dealer's legal liability. With the rear seat removed, who knows what you or your passenger, or the two of you might attempt or succeed to do back there.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have yet to take my Jeep to a dealership for warranty service and have it done right the first time or without screwing something else up in the process.

When my TJ had a busted fan clutch, the dealership managed to somehow scratch the holy hell out of my hood.

When my JK's windshield wipers went haywire, it took 3 service appointments before the morons figured out it was the wiper motor. Before solving the issue, they somehow managed to get glue all over my passenger seat and put a huge gash in the center of my steering wheel.

My trackbar mount recently snapped and instead of taking a whopping 30 minutes required to simply weld it back together, they wanted me to replace the entire axle for around $2600 and ship it to another city for the work and leave me without a vehicle for a month.

When it comes to service, Chrysler and Jeep dealerships are fucking useless. It truly is one of those "one in a million" circumstances to find one that isn't staffed by dimwits.

Last edited by Spank; 10-29-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds about right. i wouldnt let my dealership check the pressure in the tires.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

I don't know if I'm just lucky, but my dealership is amazing with service. They take care of everything, and they do it really quickly.

I have zero complaints!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
I don't know if I'm just lucky, but my dealership is amazing with service. They take care of everything, and they do it really quickly.

I have zero complaints!
same here
Old 10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAybe Im in the minority on this, or just dam lucky,but IV had mine in for reg service and have had it in and back while I waited.
Gave me a chance to see what new toys they got in inventory
Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing but horrible service and incompetent techs around here. No option to go elsewhere same owner owns 6 in surrounding area. They all "run" the same. Should be criminal and Chrysler should care how people represent their brand but they do not.

The Jeep dealer will never touch my vehicle ever again.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

I'd install the pard myself it they'd let me save everyone a lot of time. They didn't like that idea because I wasn't certified then I watched four of them, with great effort, put the soft top up. It was really like watching monkeys at a computer.

Quick Reply: Jeep Service is a JOKE!