Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JEEP Recall ????

Old 04-12-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been seeing a lot of gossip about this Wrangler fire story, etc...

Two points:

1) If you're worried about the auto tranny over heating, install an auxiliary cooler... Problem solved.

2) In a similar thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-houston-news; I posted something similar. The previous mentioned story said 9 complaints out of 94,000 which calculates out to 0.0096% of 2010 models. If you ask me, the chances are pretty good this will never happen to you. Now if you take the new numbers provided by the story in this thread; 23 complaints out of 532,000 well that calculates out to 0.0043%, once again the chance of this happening is very slim. I love my Jeep and I'd take those odds any day. But if you're concerned about it, see #1 above.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wads13
Been seeing a lot of gossip about this Wrangler fire story, etc...

Two points:

1) If you're worried about the auto tranny over heating, install an auxiliary cooler... Problem solved.

2) In a similar thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-houston-news; I posted something similar. The previous mentioned story said 9 complaints out of 94,000 which calculates out to 0.0096% of 2010 models. If you ask me, the chances are pretty good this will never happen to you. Now if you take the new numbers provided by the story in this thread; 23 complaints out of 532,000 well that calculates out to 0.0043%, once again the chance of this happening is very slim. I love my Jeep and I'd take those odds any day. But if you're concerned about it, see #1 above.

All I can say is "BOOM SHAKA LAKA"..... what ^^^^^^^ said.....
Old 04-12-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper71
As much as I love my Jeep, from what I've been reading on this forum in regards to Chryslers handling of issues from the dealer level all the way to the top, I can't say I would ever buy another vehicle from this company. Every company in general now days is so worried about making one more dollar everywhere they can, that they don't care about quality, employees or especially customers anymore. But we continually go back to these company's. Some times it's out of necessity but not most the time. America is in a bad way right now.

Man, I gotta agree with this. I refuse to allow the dealership to touch my JKU. I have several recall notices, but I've fixed or found a solution to them myself. If I decide to buy another Jeep, it will be from an individual, hopefully a soccer mom.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes; maybe your Jeep trans won't be one of the ones that overheats, but Jeep owners can and should be concerned with Jeeps poor customer service and worse reliability rankings:

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/pre...lity-study.htm

Ram, Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler are the bottom 4.

Jeep owners need to stop making excuses for a company that treats them like crap and should instead demand Jeep makes some serious improvements.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by navin r
Yes; maybe your Jeep trans won't be one of the ones that overheats, but Jeep owners can and should be concerned with Jeeps poor customer service and worse reliability rankings:

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/pre...lity-study.htm

Ram, Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler are the bottom 4.

Jeep owners need to stop making excuses for a company that treats them like crap and should instead demand Jeep makes some serious improvements.
I'm with this guy
Old 04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

If you guys think this is the first time Jeeps had fire problems, you're mistaken....

The Jeep Cherokee is also very vulnerable to fires as well... just look where the high pressure fuel line routes or the fuel pressure regulator. Both sits above the header and are known to get pinhole leaks and spray fuel on the header. I think the fundemental problem is Jeep engineering because they frequently miss the obvious.

Sadly, if you want a Jeep, you'll need to watch these particular areas of concern or finish the job by installing reengineered components.

This ongoing weak spot lies within the hollow areas between Jeep engineering walls... or more appropriate their ears.

Last edited by m998dna; 04-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: JEEP Recall ????