Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep People

Old 02-09-2011, 03:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickyj
I certainly think that stereotypes are not always true - but that said, there are usually based on a basic truth........

Truck drivers buy for vehicle size

............. but someone looking at an F250 isn't going to buy a 2dr Wrangler,..........The customers are different, just as they are country and rap.
I got F350 and F550 and 2 dr JK and neon and crotch rocket and liberty and ever heard of Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker???

Just kidding I hear what you are sayin'

But, you are talking about what people buy as their only vehicle and the image they want to protray. Some of us buy a vehicle because it fills a need.

F350 = tows horse trailer and 5th wheel RV
F550 = tows heavy equipment
Neon = can't get rid of it and great MPG
R1 = need for speed
liberty = the ex wanted it
Jeep = fun and works better in the woods than a long a$$ F350.

and i'm an a$$hole no matter which one i'm in
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toymaster
I got F350 and F550 and 2 dr JK and neon and crotch rocket and liberty and ever heard of Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker???

But, you are talking about what people buy as their only vehicle and the image they want to protray. Some of us buy a vehicle because it fills a need.

R1 = need for speed

everybody in Wyoming must have a truck or two.......one of them must be red..(is that stereotyping?)
Just kidding....
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toymaster

R1 = need for speed

I said excluding people who buy it for a need or business. Didn't even address the multiple car idea, but if you have several cars it is certainly going to dilute how much value they put in it. One car buyers are what I meant. When someone buys one car, and it is a truck without a purpose..... Living in Wyoming, you probably don't know the city truck drivers as much.

But I have a pretty hard time believing you are actually an ass in any of your cars.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get more waves in my TJ than JK...a lot of new jeepers in JKs dont know the score Im affraid.

I think most jeepers are great, but I usually check out when Im on here and posters start bagging hardcore on Hummers as they like to group all owners of them as mall crawlers and think they are POS vehicles. But theres always some hate out there no matter what, like the FJ owners that hate jeeps, visa versa, land rovers, G-wagons, etc etc.

Ive been to jeep jamborees, Land rover and Hummer experiences. One thing thats pretty common, everyone loves to wheel, unfortunately, since Rovers and Hummers come with with lux items and can be posh, they also get bought by non-offroader types, a lot like the 4X2 JKs but not in the same quanities.

Oh well, I still like my jeep brothers, even though some of the heavily modded jeepers can be full of sh*t sometimes.

Quick Reply: Jeep People