Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep People

Old 01-29-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't y'all hate when others try and pressure you into doing stuff they wouldn't? I would rather not break my jeep LOL.
Just throwing that out there
Old 01-30-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi

I can't afford to break my jeep.....
Old 01-30-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dralphy
Jeeper's can be pricks too, I guess you just haven't found any yet. Just give it time! There's always pricks wherever you go, unfortunately.
x2, yes they can. Just go lurking on other forums and you will read some ridiculously mean, off color commentary. I'm no "saint" by any means, but I try my best to live The Golden Rule.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Freak

I had a douche bag in a black TJ give me the finger. I wrote the story on here somewhere. I think it's called "Dear, Douche Bag in the Black TJ". What a douche bag!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea there are some real jerks out there in every walk of life. Just let me say that EVERYONE that I have met on the Forum has been great!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

All the Jeepers I have met have been great. Most of us share a love for the out doors and the first and greatest 4x4 of all time! It's like boaters, everyone with a boat loves their boat and loves being on their boat. It's like that with Jeeps. People drive them because they love them!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jimmy-james
Just an observation, have y'all noticed that Jeep people are just happy go lucky? I don't want to stereotype people, but it seems folks who drive other 4x4's can be total pricks.
Hey, I resemble that remark
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm grumpy as hell in the morning until I get in my JK and drive to work, drinking coffee and waving at all the other JK's who don't wave back. It's all good tho, 'cause I love my Jeep
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
JK Freak

I certainly think that stereotypes are not always true - but that said, there are usually based on a basic truth.

Personally I would say that Jeep (wrangler at least) people are usually pretty happy go lucky. And that doesn't happen as often with other 4x4 types. Certainly it could all just be a fluke, but I don't really think so. I have met the assholes who drive Wranglers, but they are fewer. You take a H2 driver and it almost a certainty. Trucks, and if not used for business or necessity, it is a good bet (65/35) they are asses.

Just has to do with the vehicle, and what kind of person wants to drive it.

I find it odd that most everybody on here hates on a Prius (or Civic or whatever) with reckless abandon - but shudders at the thought that a FJ driver is different. Sure they are closer, but the AVERAGE person who would buy and H2 wouldn't buy a Wrangler or an FJ. Etc.

In my biased (and soon to be hated upon) opinion -

Wrangler drivers buy for fun or capability
H2 drivers buy for status
FJ drivers buy for "ultimate off road machine, AND it is a TOYOTA" - quote from multiple dealers - status
Truck drivers buy for vehicle size

Always exceptions - but in general, the above is true in my experience. And, seeing that the manufacturers market to those people in these manners - it is reasonable.

For instance - JK owners complain about carpet being in the vehicle, H2 drivers want more standard TVs, FJ drivers want more creature comforts, truck drivers want BIGGER!

Different drivers are different people - unless most people buy their vehicles randomly?

ETA - that doesn't even mean we are "right" - but someone looking at an F250 isn't going to buy a 2dr Wrangler, and someone looking at a H2 isn't going to buy a 4dr Rubi. The customers are different, just as they are country and rap.

Last edited by rickyj; 02-08-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went from a dually to my wrangler. But I used my dually to farm, and have always been a go outside and do something guy.

I'll be going back to a dually when I can afford to keep the jeep and also have the truck. Jeep dont haul horses, and to be honest my jeep is cramped on long hauls. I've owned diesel trucks since I could drive and they are Damn near a lazy boy for a driver seat.

I miss having a useable center armrest...

But I love having a no door convertible with 4x4 that seats five!

Quick Reply: Jeep People