Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Owner Rules According to Jk Forum

Old 07-24-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by textech
Been reading the board to research ordering my '12. It's become pretty clear there definite do's and dont's for outfitting your jeep. So it looks like the concensus around here is the following.

Dont's
1. No color matching hardtop
2. No color matching fenders
3. No chrome
4. No black wheels
5. No color other than black or green
6. Jeep can not match
7. No leather
8. No carpet
9. No power
10. No automatic
11. No navigation, really no radio unless the only song it plays is Sweet Home Alabama or Justin Beber with you singing along
12. Not a unlimited

Do's
1. Must be all black, because thats unique (see 6 above)
2. Must have black wheels
3. No wait must have chrome wheels
4. No wait must have black wheels
5. Must take jeep off road everyday to avoid being a mall crawler.
6. Must be a Rubicon
7. Must be an X
8. Never be driven on pavement
9. Be unique
10. Be like everyone else on this board. Black Rubicon Unlimited with black wheels and a black top and really a mall crawler but claim not to be.

Ok, for those without a sense of humor I'm kidding. Although I'm going to be breaking several of the rules with my '12.

Silver Sahara Unlimited fully loaded with matching hardtop. I plan on adding AEV bumpers line x'd to match with black XD's and 3'' lift. The only time I will take it off road will be the 5 or 6 trips to the deer lease a year. The rest of the time I will crawl malls and haul my kiddos around in it (with the doors on).

This post is
Lol. Love it!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Zim
Funny observations, I've notice a few other unspoken rules of JKF:

-Any posted picture of a clean Jeep must include an appology and a promise to get it muddy within the next 24 to 48 hours.

-If there is any evidence of tire shine on your tires, prepare to be flamed to death.

-If you think chrome wheels are a sore subject, see what happens when you mention 18" or 20" wheels, that brings out the pitchforks.
:rotfl mao2:
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Reminder: A "modded" Jeep Wrangler will rarely last more than 6 years of driving. Keep it stock, keep it simple and it will last a long time. Otherwise, the days are numbered.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petris
Reminder: A "modded" Jeep Wrangler will rarely last more than 6 years of driving. Keep it stock, keep it simple and it will last a long time. Otherwise, the days are numbered.
What do you know, you only have 13 posts. newbie
that means all the modified 2007 will be doomed 2013

If you change the rims and tires, or mats, u modified it.

There is a lot to modify.

Last edited by Enzo; 07-24-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by viking
The nice thing about the jeep is you make it your own. No two are the same unless stock.
Kind of like a Harley only it doesn't leak oil. Well most of the time.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes people can come here and get the best advise and sometimes they walk away from the computer more confused than before.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Your money, your Jeep. Purchase what you want. I had a talk like this with my 2 granddaughters a few weeks ago. They think they have to wear certain brands, etc. I told them to not let someone that's probably 1000's of miles away that you will never see dictate what you wear. If you look in the mirror, or in this case the driveway, and you smile at what you see, then you have made the correct purchase. I'm about 62 years old. For almost all of my life about 95% of my clothes have been black, and footwear has been boots. It's what I like, and it's what I wear. The only person you have to please is yourself. If other people don't like what you are wearing or driving, well it's a big world out there. I'm sure they can find some other place to go. I'm just saying.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by omaste
Your money, your Jeep. Purchase what you want. I had a talk like this with my 2 granddaughters a few weeks ago. They think they have to wear certain brands, etc. I told them to not let someone that's probably 1000's of miles away that you will never see dictate what you wear. If you look in the mirror, or in this case the driveway, and you smile at what you see, then you have made the correct purchase. I'm about 62 years old. For almost all of my life about 95% of my clothes have been black, and footwear has been boots. It's what I like, and it's what I wear. The only person you have to please is yourself. If other people don't like what you are wearing or driving, well it's a big world out there. I'm sure they can find some other place to go. I'm just saying.
Now that's good advice.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default other Jeepisms

1. - Must be lifted within one week of purchase. A BB is acceptable if you state it is temporary because of no job, or lack of money, or wife, or 3 kids won't stop eating.

2. - Must have spacers unless you buy after market wheels. Again stock wheels must be re-shod with 33s, no wait 35s, no wait 37s so they are really 35s. Time for new "shoes" is alotted based on conditions stated in #1.

3. - If you mess up and accidently "match" anything, like the top to the body, then post a pic of your wife, gf, bff with benefits in the appropriate thread. If you don't have one of thsoe then pull pic from the "an eyeful a day" thread.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Never call your jeep a car!

Quick Reply: Jeep Owner Rules According to Jk Forum