Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Owner Rules According to Jk Forum

Old 07-24-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Owner Rules According to Jk Forum

Been reading the board to research ordering my '12. It's become pretty clear there definite do's and dont's for outfitting your jeep. So it looks like the concensus around here is the following.

Dont's
1. No color matching hardtop
2. No color matching fenders
3. No chrome
4. No black wheels
5. No color other than black or green
6. Jeep can not match
7. No leather
8. No carpet
9. No power
10. No automatic
11. No navigation, really no radio unless the only song it plays is Sweet Home Alabama or Justin Beber with you singing along
12. Not a unlimited

Do's
1. Must be all black, because thats unique (see 6 above)
2. Must have black wheels
3. No wait must have chrome wheels
4. No wait must have black wheels
5. Must take jeep off road everyday to avoid being a mall crawler.
6. Must be a Rubicon
7. Must be an X
8. Never be driven on pavement
9. Be unique
10. Be like everyone else on this board. Black Rubicon Unlimited with black wheels and a black top and really a mall crawler but claim not to be.

Ok, for those without a sense of humor I'm kidding. Although I'm going to be breaking several of the rules with my '12.

Silver Sahara Unlimited fully loaded with matching hardtop. I plan on adding AEV bumpers line x'd to match with black XD's and 3'' lift. The only time I will take it off road will be the 5 or 6 trips to the deer lease a year. The rest of the time I will crawl malls and haul my kiddos around in it (with the doors on).

This post is
Old 07-24-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

The nice thing about the jeep is you make it your own. No two are the same unless stock.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is what I have learned from my time on this board.

The Jeep is the AR15 of the automotive world. You can make as many or as few changes to the basic design as you want, some functional (eg winch) others cosmetic (eg painted wheels). The key is make it yours, love your jeep and use it as makes it the most fun for you.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd call it the yamaha v-max of the 4 wheel fraternity...
buy stock and change the hell out of it...
or keep it standard...whatever you like...

as the previous post says...
'make it yours and love it to bits'...

it's a jeep...it ain't no car ...
Old 07-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Zim
JK Enthusiast

Funny observations, I've notice a few other unspoken rules of JKF:

-Any posted picture of a clean Jeep must include an appology and a promise to get it muddy within the next 24 to 48 hours.

-If there is any evidence of tire shine on your tires, prepare to be flamed to death.

-If you think chrome wheels are a sore subject, see what happens when you mention 18" or 20" wheels, that brings out the pitchforks.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

And for the love of god be constantly vigilant so as to never miss a wave to another jeep, never mind that car in front of you, wave dammit.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

You just made my day. I'm breaking every rule (except #3) and loving every bit of it. Hummmm, on second thought do interior accents cout for #3? In which case woohoo.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a bummer. I have a black JKU unlimited Rubicon. Now I know that I'm not unique...

I'm in trouble further because I have nav and I have carpet...

The obersvations you make are funny and do occur throughout many thread, but remember that those are only some people's opinions.

I bought black back in 08 becuase the only good color they offered (IMO) was the yellow and I have a big yellow TJ sitting right next to my JKU in the garage, so wife said yellow was a no-go. I picked up black for one reason - to repaint it when I see a JK color that excites me. 2012 looks to be that year!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Way to go textech! This is one of the best posts on the site and it's your first!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

I put that McGuires extreme shine on my 33" tires, and I'll never do it again! That stuff does work, and it stays on FOREVER! BUT, it will ruin your clothing should you brush up against your tires, more so than other shines I've noticed. I seem to brush up on them just from working in the jeep, under the hood or when removing the hard top.

I'll never shine the tires again, lesson learned.

Quick Reply: Jeep Owner Rules According to Jk Forum