Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep - Newbie

Old 11-11-2007, 10:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems to speak of hear. Funnest vehicle I've ever owned! You will start to think up places to go just to drive it!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
No problems to speak of hear. Funnest vehicle I've ever owned! You will start to think up places to go just to drive it!
The big rocks in the local Home Depot parking lot designed to keep people from turfing their grass start to look like parking spaces.

Last edited by bikerglen; 11-13-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added the word "big"
Old 11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Looking for places to park

This past winter we were in Denver. It was after that terrible storm that shut down the city and airport. We couldn't find a place to park so we drove up a parking lot snow bank. NO PROBLEM! Our back wheels were on the pavement and the front ones most of the way up the snow pile. I wish I had a camera. The biggest problem was trying to get out of and eventually back into the Jeep. Yah, Jeeps are great. Look around there are challenges everywhere.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
This past winter we were in Denver. It was after that terrible storm that shut down the city and airport. We couldn't find a place to park so we drove up a parking lot snow bank. NO PROBLEM! Our back wheels were on the pavement and the front ones most of the way up the snow pile. I wish I had a camera. The biggest problem was trying to get out of and eventually back into the Jeep. Yah, Jeeps are great. Look around there are challenges everywhere.
Now that I have my Jeep, I hope we get walloped again this winter. I really want to try out 4LO and lockers in some serious snow. The Tundra performed well, but it has no lockers.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

We To Have 2 Jk's My Wife Has A 2dr. X , 6-spd.,soft Top ,fl Red , Bone Stock.(her Choice) And I Have A 4dr. Sahara ,auto,silver Lift ,tires And Wheels. Best Of Both Worlds And Hers Has Had Little Trouble Mine Has Had More Problems ,but We Still Love Them Lots Of Fun Good Luck
Old 11-13-2007, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Love my jeep.

Zero problems thus far.

remember two key words: "Silent majority"
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

You wrote:"I am in your hands and depending on your responses will determine if I sign on dotted line within the next three days."

It's been 3 days.....Are you a proud owner?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

DO IT!!!

My JK is my second Jeep in two years...four doors only came out here late this year and I didn't want to wait!

I love it...it's better than the TJ IMHO... As much as I loved the ruggedness of the TJ, I do like the smoothness of the JK...and to be honest I spend a lot more time on road driving to and from work etc than I do off road! Even getting to off-roading areas is a longer drive than the time spent on the dirt once I get there!

I have had no problems with mine other than a sound system issue (front right tweeter was buzzing). This was spotted by the dealer before I picked it up and they are waiting on a replacement head unit to fix it...I can live with that.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default jeep nebie - update status

sold the lux suv,,, got cash in my hand, or I should say burning a hole in my pocket, and wife gave up trying to talk me out of the JK, the only thing stopping me now is color.
I started out deadset on the BLACK sahara, but talked to a good friend, a fellow car aficianado, and agreed black is tough to maintain.

The only thing stopping me is color choice.
BLACK
BlUE METALIC or
JEEP Green

In Mass. there seems to be plenty of Jeeps JK 4 drs available and I am buying at invoice plus one to two hundred over invoice.

Your thoughts on COLOR?????
I would like to buy this week-end.
Your response are appreciated.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, Jeeper. I had the 4wd light sensor issue (whatever that is) and a leak in the hardtop because it's so hot in Florida that the sealant melts. Both were fixed in a day with no grief. Get one!

Quick Reply: Jeep - Newbie