Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep - Newbie

Old 11-10-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to tell you what to do, but....

Go for it!

We've had our X Unlimited for a month, covered about 1100 miles, and simply love it. No leaks, no stalling, even the stock radio is great (could use better speakers, but that's another thread!).

Weather hasn't permitted us to try out the soft top, but we did take the hard top off one day and had a blast running around town. Put it back on - no leaks.

I'm not a kid either, and some of my friends think I'm nuts. But the rest are green with envy!

Buy it - you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought my first Jeep. You WILL NOT REGRET purchasing the Jeep.

Just lean on the lifetime warranty. It's an awesome vehicle. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by murray8144
I just bought my first Jeep. You WILL NOT REGRET purchasing the Jeep.

Just lean on the lifetime warranty. It's an awesome vehicle. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. I test drove a Lexus IS350 and a BMW M Roadster before I bought my Jeep. After driving those cars, I was hesitant going with the Jeep, but I now know I absolutely made the right decision and have NO regrets what so ever. The Jeep is a unique vehicle and like murray said, "THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If anybody at work gives me cr*p for not having a vehicle worthy of Road Atlanta, I challenge them to a jousting match in the parking lot. I WILL WIN!

-Glen
Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I could have purchased anything ($$ no object). I decided on the JK Unlimited Sahara. I have had the following problems with mine:
  • Clutch squeals- TSB to fix this
  • Throw out bearing needs adjustment- TSB to fix this
  • AC fan is going bad and making noise
  • Brake controller needs to be reprogrammed

Other than these problems this has been a great Jeep. I have 12k miles on it since the end of May. Overall I rate it a 8.5/10, with the reasons being that I would like to have leather since it is easy to care for and clean (.5 point) and I want a DIESEL!!! (1.0 point)

I will drive this until they come out with a diesel. I would get the 08. You will love it.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

No leaks, No Stalls, No Regrets. This is my 2nd Jeep in 20 years and the quality and looks of my JK have caught the attention of everyone I run into. I also keep my cars for a long time and purchased the Max Care Lifetime Bumper to Bumper Warrantee which furthur made confident that I was making the right decision.

Good Luck
Old 11-10-2007, 10:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

no leaks here, way too much fun.............. JUST DO IT...................
Old 11-11-2007, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bottom line: Buy it!

I just bought my Jeep last night and went through all the emotion vs. reason you're struggling with now. The emotional side has a heavy pull for me: I've always wanted a Jeep and drove one while in the Army in the 80s. I don't really care if it leaks much -- so did the Mazdaspeed Miata I traded in! I always had a towel in the car and that towel is in the Jeep now. Maybe I have low standards for convertibles.

To satisfy your rational side, think of the warranty. You've got 3 years/36,000 miles to find any problems under the bumper-to-bumper warranty. And then there is the LIFETIME powertrain warranty -- this is just unprecedented! I bought a 6spd Rubi to limit (hopefully) my desire to mess with the powertrain.

I don't want to be some old guy in a rest home thinking "Gee, I really should have bought that Jeep and had some fun when I was young(er)!"

This concludes my expert opinion based on 85 miles of driving and 15 hours of ownership.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome fredyp, I've got the '07 Sahara. My big problem was the torque converter issue. I took it to the dealer, they fixed it. My only leak issue was my fault - top off in the rain.

I love my Jeep. It is too much fun!!! Do it. Get it. Have fun in it. You won't regret it.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

The TSBs and issues with some of the JKs had me wishing I'd kept my tried-and-true TJ, until I finally just quit worrying about it all and started driving the darn thing. Now, I love it. Its already been said a few times in this thread, but don't think that every Jeep has had every problem brought up on this board.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Not a Sahara..........but........

Ours is not a Sahara but I feel so strongly about this that I want to put my 2 cents in. We ordered our 4 door Rubi in mid February. We finally got it in mid October. The wait was almost unbearable. I lurked on this and other forums all that time trying to satiisfy my Jeep appetite. Many times I wondered if we should take the dealers suggestion and settle for other Jeeps that came in. We wanted a Rubicon and after waiting so long we refused to give in. We knew if we settled we would regret it later. Thank heavens we stuck to our guns and waited. It is a wonderful vehicle. We've had so much fun as with this Jeep. We only had one minor problem so far and that was the "clunk" in the driver's side pillar. The fix was easy, adjust the door latch, as suggested on this forum. We now have almost 6,000 miles on it and went off road several times. What fun!!! Do it, get you dream Jeep! I'm convinced, like us, you won't regret it. You might regret it if you don't get it. .

Quick Reply: Jeep - Newbie