Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep moments

Old 07-07-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep moments

Figured I'd post one of my favorite Jeep moments. I live in an apartment complex and one day, while I'm working from home, the buzzer from the entrance to the building goes off. Surprised, I check outside my apartment door to find my elderly downstairs neighbor standing by the front door. He's probably in his late 80's and needs a walker to get around so I wasn't surprised that he didn't try to climb the stairs. I ask him if everything is okay and he responds that it is but was wondering if I could give him a ride to the bank and a couple of stops for an errand. I took a look at my schedule for that day and found an hour that was meeting free and told him sure, but I also explained that I owned the Jeep outside. You know, the one without a top or doors, and was he okay with that. He responded yes, but i wasn't sure if he knew what he was getting into. So with that, I help him up into my Jeep, toss his walker in the back, make sure his seat belt is secured (wouldn't want to have to explain that one to his wife), and off we go. I'm trying to take it easy because I don't want him to get nervous or anything and we're about a mile down the road and come to a stop light. Now it's a beautiful day, and the whole time he's sort of got his head turned away from me, looking out the large open space where a door would normally be. Worried, I asked him if everything was alright, and he turns to me and he's just beaming. He leans towards me and, in a soft little voice, says "I like this." Well, that just made my whole week. Even funnier, the "errand" he wanted to go on involved going to the bank, then a liquor store for a bottle or rum, and then a convenience store for soda and chips. Apparently, his wife went to somewhere for the day and he wanted to unwind a bit . Truly unforgettable.

So how about the rest of you. What are some of your most memorable moments?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Junkie

that is truly an outstanding story. thanks for sharing

top of my head I got no memorable story like that but I've had some good times in the JK
Old 07-07-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took my dad and grandpa out to a place called Lousiana, MO for fathersday. We went to this really cool old resturant and had brunch, then drove the river road back home. Even took a ferry across the Mississippi. Beutiful trip.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome story- I liked the happy ending where he gets his bottle of rum Some of my favorite moments are seeing kids faces when they see my Jeep without doors- one little 2yr old about twisted backwards out of his stroller and spit out his plug to check it out. His expression went from incomprehension to awe. I hope he badgers his mom for a toy Jeep.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great stories. I have one from Friday thats funny.

I was topless and doorless for the past week so I pull into my dry cleaner for the weekly pick-up/drop off. The Korean lady had her back to the drive up door when I pulled in and got a bit of a start when she turned around and I'm RIGHT there without the doors. She gives me a puzzled look and I just shrugged my shoulders and said "yep, the doors just fell off!" She looks at the Jeep, shakes her head and says "Ohh, so sorry"
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

I dropped my 4 year old off at pre school one day with all the doors and roof off, all the kids playing outside ran up to her and started asking her questions.. She was so excited to tell everyone about driving in the Jeep.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

you def gotta love the looks on little kids faces. My parents neighbors have two little kids and every time i drive by they run out to the front yard to wave.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

i kinda like it when i go to the river and something happens to a vehicle, gets stuck, needs a jump...etc. they always look at my jeep and go asking who owns it. when they find me they ask if i can pull them out... jump them... as if im a recovery unit on standby. its fun and rewarding knowing i help someone. At work, the managers always ask me to jump a customers vehicle or use my slim jim to open the vehicle.

second my father has a 2003 Dodge 2500 diesel, lifted, 33s on a 6" (looks kinda off)
3.73 gears and is a work truck. Its powerful. he is a diesel mechanic who only works on big rigs, dozers,etc. i always tell him that we should back our trucks up and have a pull off under the condition that is anything breaks, he buys. I always back down. ive seen his dodge pull a fully loaded semi w trailer to his shop. if it wasnt for my father, i would know NOTHING about vehicles. so he came in use.
i do drag some of his crappy cars around the yard when we get ready to crush them. i will take pics next time i get to put my jeep on one
Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool stories
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yes cool stories...

Funny thing- hubbo and I were driving one day and went to the Tim Hortons drive thru for a coffee...we live near Detroit...and the lady looks at the doorless Jeep like what happened....hubbo tells her the doors were stolen and she thinks he is serious ...saying yep they will steal everything....then he says I am kidding...I took them off....she gives a puzzled look.....lol