Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep got broken into to

Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeter
You know, a man should be able to his stuff on the front porch and not have to worry about it being stolen. Asshole thieves should be shot on site and it should be legal to do so. I hate a damn thief.
I agree with you. If I ever catch anyone trying to steal from someone.....they better watch the f@$k out. We put a lot of hard work in so we can purchase items we like, and some dirtbag goes and steals it. Such BS.
Hope you recover some of your items.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Man that pisses me off to hear. I've been thinking about getting one of those proximity sensor alarms where it sends a signal to a pager on your keychain. That way you might be able to catch the bastards.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

it's good that you installed an alarm but they are not realy a deterrent when it comes to someone realy wanting to get your stuff. The best thing is have good insurance. At least it will help in replacing some or all that was stolen.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I would report if I were you. Not only that, would also setup a bait and monitor. It's likely the thief will return since the first time it was so easy.
It's likely some crackhead teen whose parents are too busy or lazy to take care of and is addicted to meth o something else and needs to buy more of it.
Get the bandit and sue the parents.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't had any of my vehicles broken into but I did have a 32" flatscreen LCD get taken right out my apartment window while i was sleeping one night!! Nothing I hate worse than a damn thief. We work hard for our money and some low life looser steals shit so they can get their next "fix" wouldn't we all just love to catch one of them in the act!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

someone mentioned early about checking craigslist. actually worked for myself. my 800 snowboard setup was stolen while locked up to a light post, while I was eating dinner in the local cafe. came back and my board was gone. friend of mine told me to check craigslist and a week later there it was. told the information to police and they recovered it for me. kid was an idiot. Check Craigslist!!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

thanks for all the heads up and responses. I gave up looking on Craigslist. Had more important life issues to take care of but it was a good lesson for me: Never leave the tools you love and worked hard for inside of your jeep no matter if you live in a safe community or not...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
Hey,

thanks for all the heads up and responses. I gave up looking on Craigslist. Had more important life issues to take care of but it was a good lesson for me: Never leave the tools you love and worked hard for inside of your jeep no matter if you live in a safe community or not...
Sorry for your loss. To play devils advocate.... I'm sure the person who stole your stuff REALLY needed that hit of crack or bag of heroin. Maybe you can sleep easy knowing you helped a scum bag keep up with the scumbag reputation....

Maybe that bag of heroin was really rat poison and Karma stepped in helped the guy OD and now the world is free of another crack head thief... Ok bs tangent over.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I've since replaced all the tools neccesary.

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Sucks when it happens the 1st time.....next step is to make sure it doesn't happen a second time.

So go buy yourself a cheap tool box....like you went out and replaced the tools that got stolen. Then go buy an inexpensive cheaply made lock to put on it. Something that's easy to break open.

Now throw something heavy inside the tool box, to give it some weight. Fill the bottom of that tool box with Black Gun power. Rig up an igniter that sparks when you pull it apart by a string....those cheap fireworks are good for this. Duct tape the firework to the bottom of the tool box right next to the gun power and make the string just long so you can tape it to the top lid, when it is barely open.

They'll steal the entire tool box. Since you got the cheap lock on it, that should deter them enough from opening it inside your Jeep, to see what's in it.....but not enough to keep them out, where they'll be able to bust the lock when they get the tool box home. They'll then open the tool box and get a nice flash in their face when all the black gun power ignites.

Now go look for the kid in your neighborhood who has no eyebrows and get your original tools back from him.
Lol. Sounds like fun!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Reading crap like this pisses me off. We have to share the world with some pretty messed up people. Sorry bout your stuff bud

Quick Reply: Jeep got broken into to