Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep got broken into to

Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's bullshit sorry.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would report it o the police so they can get it into the system, your surrounding pawn shops has to give an inventory to the local police department of what came in and they are dated so if the department checks everything after the date of theft and see a set of tools that came in then bingo, also on you garmin if you still have the serial# to it that also helps big time. Just fyi.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Damn..that sux Pluke...id report it tho..never hurts...
Old 04-27-2011, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that - having your personal space violated like that is almost more infuriating than the loss of the stuff sometimes. Been there myself.

Ever since someone broke my glove box trying to open it (they failed! ), I stopped leaving anything of value in the Jeep.

It gives you a little peace of mind. The worst thing I worry about is someone puking in it while it's parked in the beach neighborhoods. In fact, I wouldn't even mind if someone crawled in and fell asleep as long as they cleaned up after themselves.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that- You should report it, as you are probably not the first, nor the last. If your Gated Community has it's own security, any info you have might be the key piece the authorities need. Also, publicity helps warn other people to be aware, maybe someone has security cameras that showed something. Silence is a thieves best accomplice..
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear the break in, same thing happened here two weeks ago. on that note, anyone have good suggestions on alarm systems? I wouldn't want to spend a ton, but would like a secure jk
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear. The vandals should all be hung by their testies! A few months ago someone slashes all 5 of my tires. I know the feeling of having your baby violated.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
... Insurance wouldnt cover it since I don't have renters insurance. Will be adding it to the poilcy this go-around. ...
Really sorry to hear about the theft. I've been debating adding an alarm to mine--mostly because I know there are scumbags out there looking for modded Jeeps to steal whole, and I have way more money in mine than a sane person should. LOL. Regarding insurance: If you have full vehicle coverage, that will include coverage for items stolen from inside the vehicle (with deductible). You should file a police report, then contact your insurance agent.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

Sucks to hear dude. I've had my big truck broken into 4 times... it never gets easy. I just don't keep anything in there anymore. The last two times, they didn't get anything of value. 1st two times they did...

Is this gated community an apartment complex? Or a gated community with homes??

Last edited by Super Stroked; 06-02-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Keep an eye out on Craigslist.... Many a moron will immediately list their stolen goods, with pictures. You might get lucky...

Quick Reply: Jeep got broken into to