Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep got broken into to

Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeep got broken into to

Well. Long story short. My Jeep was in my carport yesterday and late at night someone inside the community where I live decided that they would break into my Jeep and steal:

My cordless impact wrench, Cordless Drill, CB Radio, Garmin, and a bag of tools that added up to nearly $500 in value.

I don't think I left my Jeep unlocked but for those who carry tools inside of their JK's be aware that shit happens.

I would report this to the police but it won't bring back my favorite tools.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that man. Would still definitely report it to the police ASAP though. You're right, it might not get you back your tools. But it just might help prevent something like this from happening again.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you leave them in the open? Did you leave your Garmin up on your dash so that they knew there could possibly be more than just a GPS in your JK??

Sorry about the loss, hope you can recover some of it, and even though you may not, filing a police report will hopefully prevent things like that happening again.

I have my XM radio on my dash, but every time I get out of my JK I put it in my center console so people aren't inclined to see what else I have in there. I also never lock the Jeep, as it's extremely easy to break into with a soft top anyway..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know, a man should be able to his stuff on the front porch and not have to worry about it being stolen. Asshole thieves should be shot on site and it should be legal to do so. I hate a damn thief.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the loss.

They make steel rear trunks for the JK and JKU. You could safely store your tools there. The rest would need to be put away/hidden.

I don't lock the doors on my jeep. They can open mine up and look around whenever they want (Mine is a soft top). I put everything inside it away and lock my center console and glove box, plus I have an under-seat locker too. I also have an alarm but I use it mainly for when my top is off.

Jeeps are extremely easy to get in to. You'll need an alarm if you want to be safer.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear that.

Any idea how they got in?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, sorry to hear about that It makes me sick to hear something like that. Hope your insurance covers the loss, if not your auto, then home ins.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4fit?
Sorry to hear that man. Would still definitely report it to the police ASAP though. You're right, it might not get you back your tools. But it just might help prevent something like this from happening again.
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't end up reporting it but I did install a nice $500.00 alarm system.

Originally Posted by Dralphy
Did you leave them in the open? Did you leave your Garmin up on your dash so that they knew there could possibly be more than just a GPS in your JK??

Sorry about the loss, hope you can recover some of it, and even though you may not, filing a police report will hopefully prevent things like that happening again.

I have my XM radio on my dash, but every time I get out of my JK I put it in my center console so people aren't inclined to see what else I have in there. I also never lock the Jeep, as it's extremely easy to break into with a soft top anyway..
I didn't have anything out in the open. I live in a gated community where I have a carport and my windows are heavily tinted. Someone who lives within the gates had spotted my JK out and probably planned it.

The GPS was in the glove department but thank you for the kind words!

I got a heavy duty alarm on it now. Viper 350 2 Way system.

Originally Posted by Youri
Start looking for your stuff to show up on craigslist.
Thanks Youri, I have been looking.

Originally Posted by Jeter
You know, a man should be able to his stuff on the front porch and not have to worry about it being stolen. Asshole thieves should be shot on site and it should be legal to do so. I hate a damn thief.
Agreed. They stole whatever had a handle and took off. All my tools, GPS, expensive sunglasses, air compressor, staun deflators, cordless impact wrench, cordless drill, and my damn CB radio.

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
Sorry to hear about the loss.

They make steel rear trunks for the JK and JKU. You could safely store your tools there. The rest would need to be put away/hidden.

I don't lock the doors on my jeep. They can open mine up and look around whenever they want (Mine is a soft top). I put everything inside it away and lock my center console and glove box, plus I have an under-seat locker too. I also have an alarm but I use it mainly for when my top is off.

Jeeps are extremely easy to get in to. You'll need an alarm if you want to be safer.
Thanks for the kind words sir. I installed a viper 350 today and it alarms when it senses movement and if someone reaches inside the jeep and when they attempt to open the hood.

Originally Posted by mrlobaloba
Sorry to hear that.

Any idea how they got in?
Slimjimmed it. . .

Originally Posted by RodCyn
Hey, sorry to hear about that It makes me sick to hear something like that. Hope your insurance covers the loss, if not your auto, then home ins.
Insurance wouldnt cover it since I don't have renters insurance. Will be adding it to the poilcy this go-around.

Thanks everyone for all the moral Jeep support.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn pluke. Sorry to hear about that. Easter morning we pulled up to my fiances parents and her doors where wide open. Some pricks got in her new explorer. My 2nd purchase would be a gun...
Old 04-26-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this Pluke, do you know of anybody that might be interested in your tools and stuff? any suspects? would you community be willing to work with you to find your stuff?

Quick Reply: Jeep got broken into to