Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep or f150?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking the f150 or the dodge ram1500. I like both of them and can get them both for a round the same price. I am looking at a truck because I would like to have a bed, but the jeep with its top down is just to tempting!!!! thanks for the reply's and i think im going to get a truck because i will be towing almost every week.(50km each way to the lake) Now if only they made a truck that the top could come off!!! Or the jeep tow more!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hig4s
You can't compare the V6 in a Trailblazer to the V6 in the Xterra, FJ, or Honda Ridgeline,, they all have much more power and torque than the Trailblazer V6, The Xterra 4.0l V6 is very close to the same as the F150 4.6l V8!! Only about 30 hp and 30 ftlbs less on vehicles that weigh much less.

For that matter if you really need the power, a Nissan Titan has more power, more comfort, more economy, and better dependability than a Chevy or Ford.
My sister in law had an Xterra and that does not pull well either, I can assure you. I was talking about things I had experience with not giving you magazine numbers or reviews. I was simply giving sharing my info with the OP based on personal experience, not a third party source.

To the OP, glad to see you made a good choice going with a truck for towing.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Is this 4000 lbs including gas, life jackets, skis, anchor, ropes, cooler, and so on? You have to make sure you take all your extras into consideration, no matter if its in the tow vehicle or the vehicle being towed, its still extra weight. Just make sure you think about every aspect. I would love to tell you to get a JK because they are a lot of fun but they are not a good tow vehicle, not for what you are looking for anyway.
X2 You definitely have to consider the total weight of all cargo and passengers. It isn't a question of towing, you'd be amazed what a Jeep can pull. But more important by far is CAN YOU STOP. Breaking is a matter of life or death. I think you made a wise decision choosing the truck.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hig4s

For that matter if you really need the power, a Nissan Titan has more power, more comfort, more economy, and better dependability than a Chevy or Ford.
had you said Toyota then you may have nailed it, Nissan's Titan is by far not more dependable than Toyota, perhaps more than Chevy/Ford though
Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

In a world where people only keep a vehicle for 2-5 years I dont think there will be a problem with purchasing any new full size vehicle. And just for those of you that doubt American dependability, check ebay for pick-up trucks in the state of Texas. All the American made full size pick ups are used for farming, moving horses or any other work they can find for them and most have over 2, 3 and even 400,000 miles on them. They have been around for ever, Nissan and Toyota are still relatively new to full size pick ups, good luck with that.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
In a world where people only keep a vehicle for 2-5 years I dont think there will be a problem with purchasing any new full size vehicle. And just for those of you that doubt American dependability, check ebay for pick-up trucks in the state of Texas. All the American made full size pick ups are used for farming, moving horses or any other work they can find for them and most have over 2, 3 and even 400,000 miles on them. They have been around for ever, Nissan and Toyota are still relatively new to full size pick ups, good luck with that.
Not a bad point. I personally like Chevy trucks, have had 2, almost bought the Toyota with the Iforce V8, beast! But like you said it was/is new relatively speaking in the full size truck world. I'm glad I went with the Jeep instead but wish I had that 384hp engine the Toyota had in my Jk
Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
had you said Toyota then you may have nailed it, Nissan's Titan is by far not more dependable than Toyota, perhaps more than Chevy/Ford though
I was going to name both the Nissan and the Toyota but couldn't remember the name of the full size Toyota..

Quick Reply: Jeep or f150?