Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Door Seals during Isaac

Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Door Seals during Isaac

Clearly Jeep door seals were not meant to withstand tropical storm force rain and wind. I left my jeep next to my dad's office during the storm while I stayed with a friend who had power, only to come back to a solid 4 inches of standing water on the passenger side. Lot's of fun in Mississippi this evening.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MG2013
Clearly Jeep door seals were not meant to withstand tropical storm force rain and wind. I left my jeep next to my dad's office during the storm while I stayed with a friend who had power, only to come back to a solid 4 inches of standing water on the passenger side. Lot's of fun in Mississippi this evening.
Damn man, that sucks... Yeah, Jeeps aren't the most air-tight creations. You should look into bedlinig your interior if you're up for it and the chances of water getting in there in the future are more likely for you...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MG2013
How was your hood flutter in that wind??? Yikes!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 12JK 2 door with soft top weathered Isaac pretty well totally exposed in South Florida. I literally only saw 3 droplets of water on my passenger side slush mat. Everything else was bone dry!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

My B pillar started leaking down the foam piece and into the passenger seat footwell. Took it to the dealership and they stuffed the weather stripping but it still didn't solve the issue. It looks as if the square foam piece that sits underneath the rubber elbow in the corner needs to be replaced. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 09-08-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im actually surprised by this. My 2012 seals real tight. I practically need to slam to doors to close them. It leaves me with the impression the darn thing is water proof.

Quick Reply: Jeep Door Seals during Isaac